Chapt. 21: AJ

Me: Come home so we can talk.

Des: Talk about what? When you told a female that was just trying to make you mad to come get me you lost me.

Me: But it was in the moment babe. Come home and talk to me. Where are you?

Des: Jas house.

Me: So can we talk.

Des: Yeahh. What's up?

Me: In person Des.

Des: Not gone happen AJ. But ill be bringing your son tonight. I have to work in morning.

Me: Work?

Des: Yes. Jas got me a hook up at her old job. But Im still working to improve the makeup line.

Me: That's good. So what's up?

Des: I just need a break. I understand you care and everything but... Nvm.

Me: Nawhh, what's up?

Des: Nothing. Ill be calling you tonight to bring Dakari.

Me: Ill just come get him. I need to check on Jas anyway. Ill call you.

Des: Kk.

I check the clock as I put on my Nike sweats and hoodie with a hat and my matching shoes. I dont feel like sitting in this house today.

For all the times that you rain on my parade
And all the clubs you get in using my name
You think you broke my heart, oh, girl for goodness' sake
You think I'm crying on my own. Well, I ain't

And I didn't wanna write a song
'Cause I didn't want anyone thinking I still care. I don't,
But you still hit my phone up

I pulled up at a dog adoption event. My boy Kash passed away awhile ago and Im ready for a new little guy in my life. It'll be good for Dakari too.

"How you doing? Looking to adopt or just looking?" I looked up at the caramel female with the smile of a goddess. "Im looking to adopt." She nodded her head. "Any particular breed?" I looked around then back at the lady. "Well I usually go for pit bulls but I want something different this time. I have a son so I have to keep that in mind. You have any lab puppies out here?"

"That's understandable. Pits are really good with children when you teach them early and raise them right. The best dog for kids would be a Lab Retriever. They're very known in the US and very kid friendly, friendly all around and actually have three Lab puppies left."

I followed the gorgeous female over to the lab puppies. "You have the choice of a boy and girl so that's good. Ill leave you here to play with them and I'll be back."

"Ahh man yall are beautiful." The playful puppies ran around and jumped all over me. I took a picture and sent it to Des.

Me: Tell Dakari pick one lol

Des: Brown. Is it a boy?

I ignored texting Des back and waved the lady back over.

"Ill take the brown one." She clapped and cheered as I picked the brown puppy up. "Prince".

After going through the process I went and picked Zoe up to take a ride with me to Petsmart.

"Its this shawty that wanna fuck with you." I looked at Zoe crazy. "Des will kill me and her." She looked at me crazy. "Des doing her own thing so why not go for it man?" I shook my head as I got Prince out the car.

"Who is she man?"