Saving Old and New Friends

Word Count: 9058

~***~

Nothing.

There was absolutely nothing... no breeze, no sounds, no scents... it was just empty. You curiously moved your head, trying to see anything. When you turned completely around your (e/c) eyes widened upon seeing a young monster child wearing a green and yellow striped shirt with dark pants.

You were unable to see what the child looked like however due to their back facing you. The child was slowly clenching and unclenching their fists then slowly rolling their shoulders.

"Finally..." The monster's voice sounded as if it belonged to a thirteen year old, their voice however, still sounded of a child's. They spoke softly, as if mumbling it, yet due to nothing being in the empty blackness, you could easily hear it. "I was so tired of being a flower..."

'A... flower... does that mean that they're... that he's...?'

The small monster child slowly turned before opening his eyes and giving a warm and friendly smile towards you. The hair on his head was slightly tousled and his smile showed slight fangs.

"Howdy! Frisk, are you there...?" He sounded so excited, as if he was seeing an old friend he hasn't seen in a long time. "It's me, your best friend."

Before you were able to answer a sudden flash of a bright light source caused you to clench your eyes shut with a gasp. This all must be a joke... this couldn't all be happening in a blank space like this, could it? Gradually, the brightness dimmed to which you took as a sign that it was safe to open your eyes without going blind.

The common expectation would be to see the little monster child who greeted you so kindly, yet nothing was common in an underground world where monsters were the residents. Instead of seeing a small and innocent looking child, an intimidating figure with an aura of incredible power... hovered in front of you with a cruel smirk. His eyes which used to look so friendly and kind were now aimed at you with a look you knew very well; determination. The fangs that were barely noticeable before was now elongated and easier to distinguish. Another facial difference was the pair of horns that were not present before.

His outfit reminded you instantly of the robe Toriel wears with some sort of symbol in the middle. Something else around his neck caught your eye. As you focused a bit more on the object you could tell it was a golden locket, resembling the one you found and are now currently wearing in the place called New Home.

That's where you were able to learn about a human who fell down the hole much like you did. That's where a young child by the name of Asriel Dreemurr found them. You also knew how their ending was a very sorrowful and unfair one.

This child was none other than Asriel Dreemurr himself.

"You know... I don't care about destroying this world anymore." The being spoke with a shrug.

Several feet away from you a large object crashed into the empty space. When the thing burst, blazing hot objects came at an incredible speed towards you to which you sidestepped out of the way. After one fell, many more followed, quickly causing you to just barely dodge them all.

He gave a cocky grin as if he was enjoying playing with you.

'How am I going to beat him?! He's an immortal being...' A final thought made anger and sadness flow through you as you clench and unclench your hands. 'made up of every soul who are my friends...'

You focused a glare on Asriel who stared back at you, his grin never leaving.

'I can save them... somehow I will. They're counting on me and I can't give up... just stay determined... for their sake...'