A Second Chance

Word count: 4,173

With a startled gasp they awake from their slumber, looking around in confusion. This room was, of course, familiar. They were expecting to still be at the Judgement Hall though to save Asgore and the remaining monsters from being killed

'maybe... maybe they really did reset... so... was the human truly my friend...? did they really remember their pacifist past...?'

Slowly and quietly, they exited their room before walking down the hall and in front of Papyrus' door.

'please... don't make this some kind of cruel joke...'

With that last thought, they turned the door handle before peeking inside. There Papyrus lay, fast asleep and mumbling about him being head of the Royal Guard. The constant grin on their face grew as blue tears brimmed around their eye sockets before shutting the door and leaning against it with a shaky breath.

"thanks kiddo... i'll keep my promise to you..."

That said, they traveled back down the hall and into their room, seeing it was only five o'clock in the morning. They had to look good for the human of course.~***~ You gave out a groan in annoyance at the brightness interrupting your sleep. With clumsy actions, you felt around with your hand to try and find something to cover up your eyes. You did feel something but it wasn't your pillow or bed sheets.

Curiosity filled up your sleepy state before slowly opening up your (e/c) eyes. Up above you was the sun shining from a hole. The thing that you comfortably laid upon, was golden flowers.

'Wait... wh-why am I here? H-How'd I get here?'

No matter how much you tried to think about it, a migraine soon began in your head, forcing you to stop.

​'Maybe... someone can help me...'

With that thought, you carefully picked yourself up, careful to check for any broken bones and luckily found nothing wrong before going through the door that awaited you.

Slowly, you placed your hands on the door before pushing. When you walked in, the only thing in the room was a small flower with a white bud and six golden-yellow petals. As you stepped closer, the flower suddenly spoke.

"Howdy!" It said with a smile. "I'm Flowey. Flowey the Flower!"

That voice, it seemed to make your heart speed. Why? You had no clue. You've never seen this... monster...? Before in your life.

"Um... h-hi. My name's-"

"I know exactly who you are Frisk." He interrupted with an annoyed expression.

You gave him a confused look to which he merely chuckled darkly at. "Surprised? It seems when you rest, you forgot to get rid of my memories as well.

"Escaped me the last time. I was stuck through another reset, expecting to forget it all, yet instead," Flowey gave you a smug smirk. "you got rid of your own memories.

"No one's here to get in the way though." His smug smirk grew malicious then. "When no one's around to save you, I'll take your soul and become God!

"See ya around... idiot." With that, the flower disappeared with a dark chuckle.

A sigh of relief escaped you until a figure stepped through the doorway. You're heart seemed to freeze as they stood in the darkness.

When they finally walked forward you became frozen as a... goat...? Walked up to me on two legs in a gown. She gave me a warm smile that I couldn't help but smile back. Her aura was comforting and gave off a sort of motherly nature. "Hello child, are you hurt?"