five

justin

her innocent brown eyes looked around the carnival as she ate her soft pretzel, me just watching her. "you're staring, is there something on my face?"

i shake my head, and she pouts a little. "then what are you thinking about?"

"you're really pretty." i blurt, almost regret saying it because just looked down. when she looks back up, she's covering her cheeks, an obvious wide smile on her face.

"thank you." she giggles a little. "you're pretty handsome." she winks, me already blushing which made me even more flustered.

"even though i met you today, i really like you. as friend wise." i nervously speak. even though we've only known each other for a couple of hours, it was so tempting to kiss her chapstick covered lips. the fact she was my valentine just made it even more tempting.

"ditto." she grins. when her phone starts ringing, she answers it. "hi, alex."

there was a little twisted feeling when i heard a male voice say, "babe where are you, i need you right now."

"i'm out with justin, i told you this." she had spoke, me having a little hope because she told him i existed. "jesus alex. it's just throw up."

her eyes widened then she hung up. "my friend alex is babysitting and the kid blew chunks everywhere." she starts laughing.

"do you need to go?" i ask, hoping she'd say no. i smiled when she shook her head, her afro of curls bouncing around. "i like your hair."

"that was random, but thank you." she giggles, putting her fingers through it. "your little tint of lilac is really adorable."

"it was purple before then it faded." i explain, remembering when hannah helped me dye my hair. just thinking of her made my emotions change.

"are you okay?"

i shake my head, and she walks over to my side of the picnic table. her petite arms wrap around my neck, pulling my head to her chest just like the first time we talked. "what's wrong?"

"every time i think of hannah i get sad. i can't believe she just dumped me like that. not to include the fact she's dating my ex best friend." i mumble, tears starting to fall. it all just hit me so hard. "i must've looked a complete dumbass when i showed up at her house."

"justin, don't make yourself feel bad."

"while they were sneaking around i must've looked a fool." i mumble, ivy's hands cupping my face. she makes me look at her.

"you need to move on soon." she says, wiping my tears away. "don't reminisce on your past with her."

"i-is it bad if i moved on already?" i stammer, looking at her lips then back at her eyes. her eyebrows dressed in confusion.

"wait, what?"

instead of replying, i made my move. i grabbed her waist softly, still staring into her eyes and closing mine when our lips had touched. she didn't pull away which made me smile, her arms wrapping around my neck.

before it turned into an actual tongue on tongue action, she pulled away, staring at me. "we just met today."

i shrug. "we can always get to know each other more."