three

justin

she stared at me, then glanced at the necklace. when she looked up at me, i smiled again, hoping she'd say yes. "i'll be your valentine but i can't take that necklace."

i pout, seeing someone stand in the line so i hop off the counter. while she was ringing their things up, i took the necklace out of the case and walked behind her quietly telling the customer to shush. she jumped a little when i put the necklace around her neck, then i clipped it.

"aw, that's adorable." the customer had smiled. "the necklace is so pretty, where'd you get it?"

"tiffany and co." i reply to the lady with a smile. she nods, and while ivy was getting the change and handing the bags over, she glanced at me. "im not taking the necklace back. it's a valentines gift for my valentine, just keep it."

her little pout made me giggle. "did you just giggle? oh my god that's adorable!" ivy had exclaimed, making me get all flustered. "now you're blushing, aw."

"stop!" i laugh, turning my back toward her.

"buy something or at least pretend to." ivy randomly says, me seeing a lady walking toward us. i grab a bag of doritos, then she rang it up.

"i'll take over from here, someone needs help picking out a paint color and you're the only creative one here." the lady had spoke, me opening my chips, and started to walk away.

"wait, ivy, what time do you get off?"

she turns to me, "at four. why?"

i just nod, hoping she'd agree to do something with me after work.

+

ivory

i was only working for four hours, i'm still exhausted. sighing, i take the last sip of my water, then threw away the bottle. a car pulls up, then i see justin smiling widely as he gets out.

"why are you here?" i ask, a smile on my face.

"taking my valentine out." he holds out his hand. flustered, i take it and he opened the door for me, then closed it when i sat down. when he got in, he smiles. "there's a little carnival not too far. it's for valentines day but it's chilly outside so what do you want to do?"

"we can go to the carnival! win me a bear." i poke his cheek, and he tries to swat my hand away. laughing, i put my seatbelt on as he pulled off. "can we stop at my house first? i want to change."

"where do you live?"

"i'll tell you how to get there."

he nods, me telling him where to go. when we get there, i invite him in and he shakes his head but i insist. as we walked in, he chuckles. "it smells like cookies."

"i lit a candle and blew it out before i left. the smell is still lingering."

he smiles, looking around.

"help yourself to anything, i'll be quick."

when i came back down, i was expecting him to get food but instead he was looking at the photo albums i have, laughing at the baby photos that were captioned with my name. "you're mean."

"you were so adorable!"

"shut up." i whine, covering my cheeks. "let's go."

-----

they're so cute kms