two

ivory

i carried the roses in my hand, finding my friend who had yelled my name across the park. "where were you? where did you get those flowers from?"

"i was going to go get some water from the store and i saw this boy dropped is flowers. i didn't know if it was intentional or not but i tried to give them back and he told me to keep them." i smile, smelling the fresh roses. alex rolls his eyes, then turns back to the little kids he was baby sitting.

"was he cute?" alex laughs.

"i think you can see him from here..." i trail off, looking back up to where i was at before. he was still sitting there, but when alex finally got a glimpse he stood up and started walking. "but yes, he's very cute."

"why didn't you tell me to shut up? it's valentines day ivory, you could've gotten a boyfriend." alex winks.

"his girlfriend just broke up with him. i don't think he'd be flirting hours after." i explain, and alex just pouts, watching over the two kids running around. "why are you babysitting today?"

"my aunt wants today to her and her husband so it's way more money than i usually get." he smiles. "we're about to leave anyways, you coming?"

"yeah, i have work in like an hour."

+

justin

i was dragging this huge teddy bear back into the place i bought it from. hannah used to whine about wanting so badly so i finally got it. i ate the chocolates i bought her, and i don't even think i can return a customized necklace.

sighing, i take it to a cashier, then realized it was the same girl from earlier at the park. "hi." she grins. "oh, so you're returning her gifts?"

i nod, and she just walks around the register, finding the tag and ringing it up. "you know it'll get better, right?"

she pokes my arm, making me look at her. "i don't know her or know you personally but i can tell you wear your heart on your sleeve. if she treated you that way, she didn't deserve you."

i slightly smile, trying not to show how i flustered i was by her words. as she was giving my money back, i decided i'd ask her before actually going back to mall to return the necklace. "i got a necklace engraved with i love you to the moon and back and i don't think i can return it. do you think i can?"

"i don't think so. it's like once you make your mark on something it's yours and no one else's." she shrugs, pulling the large bear by the cloth around it's neck. "give it to someone in your family."

sighing, i pull it out of my pocket and handed it to her when she turned around. then she shakes her head, "no, the flowers were enough. that probably cost a lot of money, we're strangers remember?"

"my name is justin, my favorite color is purple. i like music, i actually write music and i can sing and i don't think i have any allergies."

she crosses her arms over her just pouting. "that still doesn't mean i can take that necklace. it says i love you from the moon and back we barely know each other."

when i looked around seeing all the valentines stuff laying around, i smirked and sat on the counter realizing no one was in line behind me.

i hold out the necklace once more, and asked, "will you be my valentine?"

----

i don't have a valentine bc forever alone

i miss the days in preschool where we were everybody's valentine and we'd bring candy and cards like high school is just a free-for-all now