2 ☆ Can You Just Please Be Careful?

Chapter Two: Can You Please Be Careful?

Luke didn't know what he was doing, it was so wrong and he knew that but he just couldn't take his eyes off of him. He was wearing an oversized maroon sweater that fell just above his knees, soft black leggings that shaped his skinny legs perfectly, a fuzzy beanie adorned his flat brown hair. Luke just could not tear his eyes away from the beautiful boy who was sitting in the back of his classroom. His classroom. Becuase he is a teacher. Who should not be staring at his student. Oh god, but he was so beautiful.

All of the students were busy completing the assignment Luke had handed out so none of them noticed the way the blue eyed teachers eyes never frayed from Michael's small frame. The young boy had his head down and his lips parted as he read a book, slightly mouthing the words with his soft pink lips which Luke could see were covered in a sheen layer of lip gloss. Luke sighed, prying his eyes away from Michael so he could focus on the papers he was supposed to be grading. Luke could hear a chair quietly screeching against the tile but he chose to ignore it, if he looked up he would inevitably end up staring at Michael again.

He knew it wrong. It was so wrong. But he couldn't comprehend why. The boy was just a student, he was just another shy boy in just another high school, he was exactly like everyo- Luke was lying to himself. He was not just another shy boy. He certainly was not exactly like everyone else, he different, he was; Michael. God, Luke couldn't get that damn name out of his head and it has only been a week. One week since the small boy came into his classroom asking for a place to wait. Luke couldn't even distinguish what made the boy so special. Maybe it's his eyes, the pretty ring of emerald that was surrounded by a lighter shade of green, mixing beautifully in the middle. Maybe it's the way he curls in on himself and looks so... delicate.

Whatever it was Luke needed it to stop. He couldn't be infatuated with his student.

"M-Mr Hemmings?"
The blonde man squeezed his eyes shut as his pen dropped from his hand. The soft, shy voice filled his ears, his body going slack in his desk chair. The man quickly collected himself before looking up at the boy in front of him.

"Yes, Mr Clifford?"
Luke asked, keeping his voice distant and firm. Michael shrunk in his sweater, looking anywhere but his teachers eyes. The older man tilted his head from side to side in an attempt to look at those beautiful green orbs, but it was no use as the shy boy blinked continously and stared at the floor.

"M'done with m-my homework"
Michael said, passing a white packet over to his teacher. Luke furrowed his eyebrows, grabbing the packet and flipping through the paper, finding every question- multiple choice and short answer- completed in black pen.

"Michael this wasn't due until next week" Luke said, placing a black pair of reading glasses over his eyes. Luke had only assigned the packet the day prior, he hadn't expected anyone to be done for at least a week.

"I know, but you said we
could turn it in early"
Michael said in a quiet voice.

"Michael there were 96 questions in this packet, you did all of them in one day?"
The blonde asked, looking up at the boy over the rim of his glasses. The shy boy simply nodded, toying with the sleeves of his sweater.

"Alright. Go ahead and sit down"
Luke said. Michal quickly walked back to his seat, his old tattered vans silent against the tiled floor. Luke watched the boy sit down, sliding his fingers through his hair as the boy picked up his book and started reading again. The blonde pulled the answer key out of his top drawer, pushing away the other assignments he was supposed to be grading.

-

98%.

On an assignment that was supposed to take one week to complete, Michael had gotten and 98 percent in one day. Luke was amazed, the written questions were answered without grammatical errors, in complete sentences, and beautifully thought out. Luke had never seen such gracious work in his three years of teaching.

The ringing of the bell snapped Luke out of his amazement, his eyes leaving Michael's paper.

"Have a good day everyone.
Michael can I see you for a second?"
Luke called. The small boy at the back of the class packed up his things slower since he didn't need to rush. Luke stood up from his desk, placing his glasses down as he walked to the front of the desk. He sat on the edge as he watched Michael place his backpack onto his small shoulders. The small boy walked up to luke, shuffling on his feet as he waited for his teacher to speak.

"There were 96 question in the packet;
74 multiple choice and 22 written. You
did all of them in one day and got an
A. Can you tell me how you did that?"
Luke asked curiously, scratching at the stubble forming on his chin. The small boy shrugged, looking up at the taller man in front of him.

"I-I-I just answered them"
Michael shrugged as he toyed with his sweater. Luke nodded his head, handing Michael his graded homework.

"That's really good work Michael.
The questions were answered far beyond the standards, I'm very proud of you"
Luke said, watching with a hidden smile as the boy beamed. The small praise had Michael standing straight, looking Luke in the eye with a certain glint of happiness that wasn't there seconds ago.

"Thank you"
the boy smiled, showing off pearly white teeth. Luke nodded, sucking his lips into his mouth to stop the smile that was threatening to spread across his face.

"Have a good day Michael"
Luke cleared his throat. Michael nodded, clutching his homework as he walked out with smile etched on his little pink lips. The blonde sighed out heavily, glad that this was his last class of the day. He turned around and placed his hands on his desk, hanging his head low.

"You're a fucking idiot"
Luke's head snapped up at the familiar voice, his eyes rolling when he watched his pale friend walk into his classroom.

"What are you talking about?"
The blonde asked, annoyed and tired. The shorter pale man closed his classroom door, taking off his suit jacket and laying it on one of the desks.

"I saw the way you were looking
at that pretty little student of yours.
I'm just saying, it's not going to work
in your favor if you even so much as
think about getting with him"
Alex said, approaching Luke as he unbuttoned the cuffs of his dress shirt.

"I'm not acting on anything. I just
can't get him out of my fucking head"
Luke groaned, carding his fingers through his hair.

"You've been here for a week and you already have feelings for someone?"
Alex asked. Luke shook his head,
sitting on his desk with a tired sigh.

"I don't have feelings for him. I just
can't stop thinking about him. There's
just something about him that sticks in
my head and just won't go away. He's
just different, troubled yet beautiful"
Luke exclaimed, frustratingly tugging at the roots of his hair.

"This isn't going to turn out well and
I am not going to take any part of it.
Can you just please be careful?"
Alex asked, looking at his blond
friend with worry.

"I won't approach him in any way. I think" Luke said. Alex chuckled, shaking his head as he waited for Luke to get ready to leave the school.