12.

Yara's POV

I've been a few days back in Los Angeles & my mom has a mini break from performing. Lately she & Beyonce have been working with the planner for my party. I haven't asked much about the planning because I'm not into details like that, but I can't wait for my surprises!

"YARA come here please." I heard my mom yell from her bedroom. I got up from doing homework & practicing my lines and dragged my feet down the hall.

"Yes?" I asked, peeking my head inside.

"Come here and sit down." She said. Oh Lord, what she want.

"So...I got a request from the Breakfast Club show in New York asking for an interview with you. You wanna do it?" She asked.

"Of course I wanna go! They're pretty crazy but it's nothing I can't handle." I said smiling. Breakfast Club is one of my favorite radio shows to hear, well in my case watch on YouTube because I love visually seeing their guests. Listening is cool for most radio shows, but you can't enjoy Breakfast Club without seeing everyone's face.

"Alright. So it's a yes, but do you want me in the room with you or no?" She asked.

"Won't you be in Vegas?" I asked.

"They tape their interviews in the afternoon sometimes so I can be there if you want me." My mom said.

"Ummmm I think I'll be good mommy. Who can go with me to New York though? I know you not letting me go alone." I said. She smirked.

"Damn right you not. I'll let you know soon. The interview is in two days so start packing your bag." She said. I got up and went to my room to do just that, and continue studying my lines.
~~~~
Two days later, New York City

As if going to the Breakfast Club to be interviewed wasn't already nerve wracking, guess who's accompanying me? None other than Beyoncé. What kinda bright idea did my mom make to have her with me, but hey, it's all cool. They're probably gonna focus more on her than me.

"Yara so do you want me inside the room or outside the door?" Beyoncé asked me. We had just pulled up to the building, and inexplicably wore matching hats. Mine is just green, though.

"Um you can be in the room & what if they asked about our connection. Like what I call you and stuff? I know you & my mom were best-friends back then so can I just stick with that?" So many unresolved issues are still in the process of being resolved between Beyoncé and I. We still gotta connect better, so being thrown into this position requires some type of preparation. Wait a minute...is this my mom's way of media training? Is this a version of Mathew Knowles media training...Hmmmm good one if that's the case.

"Just go with that and obviously you know if you want to keep your private life private, don't say things that can be taken out of context or become headlines. If you haven't guessed it, me & Jennifer are giving you a little taste of hard-hitting media. No more Disney type interviews; you're making a name for yourself as a young adult so you gotta roll with the heavys." She said.

I just took everything in and still had one more thing to ask. "I get everything you said but do I refer to you as like an aunt to me or call you BB..what should I say?" She paused for a moment and shrugged.

"Just call me BB for now." She smiled and we both got out the car , walked into the building & headed towards the elevator.

"Yara look!" I turned my head to face Beyoncé as her camera flashed in my face. I blinked several times with a blank face. She laughed.

"It's for Jenn. She wanna see how you look." I shook my head and we made our way towards the radio room.

"Well I'll be damned. If it isn't Ms. Beyoncé Giselle Knowles...you know I'm an honorary Winfrey-Pinkett-Knowles member." I laughed as Beyoncé shook her head, and we all made our rounds hugging the hosts. Charlamagne Tha God, Angela Yee, and DJ Envy were all here & we took pictures before the interview began.