8.

Yara's POV Next Day

When I woke up from last night's events, my head pounded a little from all the crying I did. My mom suggested it'll be a good idea to have lunch with Beyoncé. When they realized I wasn't going back downstairs, apparently they all had a long discussion on how everything is going to be from now on, and thought us going to lunch would do us some good.

For lunch, I dressed in dark denim shorts, a pair of Nike dunks, & a black tee. My hair was pulled up into a messy bun with a bandana as the headband. When I walked out from the bathroom, I saw my mom putting lotion on her arms and hands. She was wearing a long maxi dress. "Hey baby. How you feeling?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders and added jewelry to my outfit.

"I dunno ma. I feel like I shouldn't have to give her time to explain herself because it's been so long, but on the other hand I feel like I should hear her out and see where we can go from all this." I said.

"You should definitely hear her out Yara, and I don't want you to feel like getting to know her and building a relationship will hurt me. You'll find that y'all have a lot in common, & I already don't have to tell you how to act...ya hear me?" She said. "Yes ma'am. I'll be respectful." I said.

We both walked down the stairs and Beyoncé was standing by the door."You ready Yara?" She asked me. I nodded and went to hug my mom. She whispered in my ear to have a good time, and waved from the door as me and Beyoncé got in the car.
~~~~~
Beyoncé's POV

I decided to take Yara to one of my favorite places to eat in Houston called the Breakfast Klub. We headed out in my all-white Range Rover & started down the road. It was quiet as I drove, and only the music from the radio played. I would glance every once in a while to see Yara on her phone.

"So... when do you have to go back to shoot Blackish?" I asked. "Umm in two days." She said. She went back to her phone and I sighed. At least she responded to me. We pulled up at the restaurant and it wasn't packed at all. I told the waiter to seat us outside and he gave us menus to look over.

"Have you heard about Breakfast Klub? It's one of my favorite places to eat at," I said, attempting to have a conversation. Yara looked up from the menu.

"No I haven't. I do like the vibe of it and no one is really here so that's a plus." I smiled. The waitress came and took our drink and food orders.

"So I'm sure you have questions to ask me & I know you can feel the awkwardness and tension between us." I said.

"Yeah but you brought that on yourself. I don't know how you want me to act. I mean... I just found out that one of my favorite entertainers, besides my mom, is actually my biological mother. That's hard to wrap my head around still." She said. The waitress brought us our drinks and we both sipped our sweet teas.

"I understand you may feel hurt-" I started to say but was cut off.

"Naw you don't understand hurt. You didn't just find out your mom who's raised you all your life wasn't biologically your mom. You didn't find that out when you're a month away from turning 16. You didn't grow up all your life wondering why you didn't fit in with your Puerto Rican family, and always felt like an outcast to your cousins. You didn't grow up not knowing who your father was...you can't possibly understand my kind of hurt." She said. She tilted her head up, I'm guessing so I won't see her crying.

"Yara you're absolutely right. I don't understand the hurt you've felt all these years and especially from what happened last night, but I want to build a relationship with you. It took a lot of soul-searching to realize my mistakes and I'm truly sorry. I know sorry isn't gonna do it nor will it make you forgive me anytime soon, but please understand that I've always loved you since the day you were born. I prayed for my baby to grow up as a strong woman who's smart & beautiful, and you're that and much more. I'm so sorry." I said. I started to get teary eyed and quickly wiped them away before the food came. We ate in silence until Yara spoke.

"I don't know how this is gonna work, but I'm willing to get to know you better. It's not gonna be an overnight thing, but I'm open to it." She said. I smiled and got up from the table to hug her. Thankfully she got up too and embraced my hug. We stood there for a good minute, just hugging. I feel like this is a good start for us.
~~~~~
Jennifer's POV

Before our trip ends in Houston, I wanted Yara to see Mathew before we left. Solange had already called and told him about Yara knowing, and he invited us to his house. Since I don't know my way to his place, Solange opted to take us there. We finally arrived and got out the car. Mathew greeted us, and we all walked inside into his living room.

"So Yara...it's so good to finally get to acknowledge you as my granddaughter. It's been a long time coming, but I see Jennifer did a great job raising you." He said. I smiled as did Yara, too.

"Yes she's the best mom ever and it's good seeing you before we have to leave." Yara said.

"Yeah I know it's been a long time since I last saw you, and I'm sorry for keeping my distance. I want you to know I'm here for you if you ever need anything or just wanna come down to Houston, and crash here instead of Tina's place." We all laughed and talked more until it started getting late. We said our goodbyes and took tons of pictures with Mathew before we left.

In the morning we head back to Los Angeles, and I'm so happy we took this trip. It feels good to know everyone got a lot off their chests. I honestly hope Beyoncé builds a relationship with Yara and keeps constant contact with her. If she messes this chance, who knows if Yara will ever forgive her.

*****COMMENT, VOTE!*****