Chapter 27.

I was engulfed in bright sunlight the minute I opened my eyes. I stretch, my limbs feeling deliciously sore and flashes of last night play back in my mind. Hayden told me I know more about him than anyone which is very odd since he doesn't tell me much about himself. I couldn't fight the grin on my face as I recalled him saying he is mine. I turn on my side where Hayden should be but he wasn't there. Once again I was alone in the bed. Does Hayden ever sleep?

I force myself to get out of the bed and into the bathroom. I use Hayden's toothbrush again knowing he wouldn't mind. He doesn't have any spare brushes and I need to brush my teeth. There is no way I can face him with morning breath, so this is my only option.

Leaving the room, I go down the steps in search of Hayden. I didn't get far before I found Mrs. Sutter in the kitchen, "Good morning, Miss Greene."

"Good morning," I flush embarrassed by her seeing me like this. I'm only wearing Hayden's shirt and I didn't even bother buttoning the top three buttons yet.

"Breakfast?" She asked, looking down at the eggs she was beating.

"Yes, please. Where is Hayden?"

"In his study." I walk to Hayden's study, opening the door. He looks up at me smiling, and he signals me to come in. He's still dressed in his pajamas.

His face drops when the person he was on the phone with speaks again, "Christ! Where is Rivers while all of these unauthorized payments are being made? ... Get him on the phone Banks ... No ... I don't care have him call me in an hour, I have to clean up the mess you both made." He snaps hanging up. "Hi."

"I'd hate to be on the receiving end of that call."

He snorts, "It's all work, baby. Come here." I walk behind his desk sitting down on his lap, my legs on either side of his. He rest his hands on the back of my thighs, his thumbs making small circles on my skin.

"As much as I love seeing you in my shirts, I have cameras all over this house."

"Really?" I look around the room for the camera. He grips my chin, turning my heads towards the corner of room by the door. I frown, I don't see anything.

"It's hidden." Hayden states, turning my face back to him. "You want to see?"

"Yes." He points his chin to his iMac, and I turn around to look at it. He moves the chair closer to the desk, and minimizes the work he was doing. Clicking on an icon on the screen, he puts in a password then the screen goes black for a minute.

Twenty-two cameras footage come up on the screen. They're everywhere in here. Some of them are different angles in the same room, but for the most part, they're all of different rooms. There are cameras outside, in the car loft, by the pool, in the hallways, in both of the lounge rooms, in the library, the entertainment room, the media room, this office, the kitchen, the dining room, and the bedrooms, everywhere except his bedroom.

"Oh my god, even the bedrooms?"

"Everywhere. Wade and Geoff watch all of the security cameras."

"Wait," I pale, "they were watching when we-" The night his parents were here and Hayden and I were in the media room comes to mind. There were cameras, there were others who knew what we did?

"No, god no. They know when to switch the cameras off."

"But what if they don't? What if they sit back watching?"

He pauses and frowns taking in my question. Then he looks at me, his lips pressed in a thin line. "They don't watch it."

"Okay. If you say so." I look back at the screen. This is insane, why does he need all of these cameras?