Chapter 14.

We received our grades today, and luckily for me I was one of the five students with the highest grades. I received 147 out of a possible 150 points.

Derek had the highest score with the perfect 150 score, then Renee with 148, then me, then Ryan and Hazel tied with 146. We were each given a sheet of paper with a name, an address, and a time. The name of the doctor who chose us to be their intern, the address of the building, and the time we have to be there every morning.

My paper read, William R. James Ph.D, 1215 3rd Avenue Seattle, WA 98101, 8:30 A.M.

As happy as I am to get the internship, I couldn't help but think of Hayden. I wish I could call him and tell him about the news but I can't. I haven't spoken to him since the night of his birthday, I ignore all of his calls and his messages. It's really hard to do because Hayden is very persistent and I miss being around him and being in his company, but I refuse to be another one of his sleeping buddies. I am better than that.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you all end up having to take night classes for the remainder of the year." Professor Randall says after handing us the papers.

"We only have two weeks left," Derek speaks up, "I'm pretty sure I, I'm not sure about the others, but I can keep up with work and school."

"With that attitude Mr. Springer, I guarantee you will be the first one to switch out your classes." The other three students and myself chuckle as Derek tries to convince Professor Randall why he will be able to make it through the last few weeks.

"That's enough," He finally shushes him. "As you all know this isn't over yet, you can still lose your internship and it can be given to someone else in the class. You have to make it through the interview tomorrow and from that point they will tell you whether or not they would still like for you to work with them. Good luck to you all and congratulations."

Instead of calling Hayden, I called my best friend Reign. Who at the moment is in Chicago for her internship at the law firm. "Oh my god really? That's great!" She exclaims. "What does the office look like? Where it is?"

"It on third avenue in Seattle, and I haven't been there yet, I have an interview with Dr. James tomorrow."

"Wait, how do you have the internship if you didn't even go for the interview?"

"You know how last year you got your internship through the contest?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, they changed it up this year, we had to take this exam and whoever got the highest scores got the internships. But just because our grades were good doesn't mean we're good enough for the job so we still have to have the interview."

"Oh wow, that's still cool. I think last years idea was better but that's a lot easier." Last year, for the law students, they were given trials and had to present them to a judge in a court room where real lawyers from all around were the jury. They were given an internship based on their performances and not test grades, which to me sounds a lot better as well.

"Jake called me." She tells me.

"Did he?"

"Yeah, he hoped I would be able to talk you out of your relationship with Hayden Stymest but I have no idea who that is. Why didn't you tell me Alice?"

"I'm sorry Reign, I was caught up in the moment with him." I never mentioned anything about Hayden to Reign whenever we spoke, which is surprising.

"Yeah sure," If she were here, she would be glaring at me until I forced myself to give her all of the information she wanted. "So who is this guy?"