Stars

It was a warm summer night and you where so hot. The heat was way too much for you. Outside seemed like heaven. You had mowed the grass that morning, so why not grab a blanket and sleep outside? When you opened up your closet to find a sleeping bag, everything fell on top of you. One day you need to clean that closet, but today is not the day! When you got up from under the pile of who knows what, you found a sleeping bag. You grabbed it, put on slippers, and walked out the door, closing it behind you.

Finally, some cool air. You walked into your front yard and put your sleeping bag down. Luckily you lived far away from any other houses, so embarrassment wouldn't be a problem. As you got into the sleeping bag, you saw the stars. Beautiful... Sighing, you cuddled up in the sleeping bag and looked up at the amazing stars that shined upon you. You pointed at a few of the constellations and said their names. Your eyelids were so heavy. Just as you were about to fall asleep, you heard something. You bolted upright.

"W-who's there!" You said with a shaky breath. You didn't bring a flashlight outside! How could you forget. W-what if it was a wolf about to eat you?! You started to hyperventilate. You didn't want to die!

"Don't worry." Said a calming voice. You knew that voice, but where from? "It's just me."

"Uh, and who is this me?" You asked.

You heard the person sit down next to you. You didn't like how close you were, so you scooted  over quite a bit. In response the person got closer to you and wrapped their arms around you. "W-who are you?" You asked again. You were pretty freaked out, and you were squirming in the persons arms.

"Link. Y/n, it's me, Link. From school."  The person said.

You gasped and stopped squirming. Link was your crush, and he liked you back! Well, he probably did because he was hugging you. "L-link?" You asked. "What the heck bro, that scared me!" You pushed his arms away and lied down again.

"Y-y/n?" Link asked with a sad tone. You felt bad, but you didn't feel ready for any contact. Link lied down next to you and stared up at the sky.

"Link, it's just that I-I have never done anything more than high-five a boy." You told him with a sigh.

"Okay, y/n, but... Um... May I hug you?" He asked.

You blushed. Good thing he couldn't see you. Even though you weren't ready for physical contact, you couldn't resist. "O-okay!" You said laughing as you threw yourself at him. He took you in his arms and he rocked you back and forth.

"Y/n, the stars are beautiful tonight." Link said, smiling at you. You could see him ever so slightly.

"I know."

"And, y/n, you're beautiful too."

Blushing, you rested your head upon his shoulder and looked into his eyes. They were a gorgeous shade of blue, and they were reflecting the stars. In fact, they were the only thing besides the stars that you could see. Link gave you his hat, and he moved closer to you and kissed your forehead. You sighed. Eventually you found yourself telling him a lot about you- even some of your deepest secrets. In return he did the same, your head still on his shoulder, him rocking you. He held you tight. It was the best thing you've ever experienced.

~time skip~

You woke up on the grass. You still had Link's hat and you sniffed it. It smelled so amazing. You probably fell asleep as Link was talking to you. Your neck was a little sore. Oh well. As you got up to stretch, a note fell from your hand. You bent down and picked it up. It read...

Beautiful Y/n,
You mean so much to me. Ever since I first laid eyes on you, I was star-struck. I can't put in words how much I love you.
-Link

Sighing, you walked back into your house. You felt as if every star in the world was inside of you.

"Link..."