Chapter 10

Stiles' P.O.V

I got in my jeep, speeding off while whipping tears from my tender cheeks, but they wouldn't stop. I didn't know where to go; I wanted to go home but I knew I would do something bad, and I wanted to talk to someone but I didn't know who.

I went home anyways and took a nice long relaxing shower, scrubbing the sticky flour from my arms, neck, and face; or what was left of the flour. I got out, rubbing my hair and face with the warm towel before wrapping it around my waist. It was only 1 p.m. and I had no clue what to do.

I was upset still, a lot but somehow I was bored and my mind wasn't racing as much as I expected it to. I put on some plaid pj pants and an old t-shirt of Derek's that he left here. My phone buzzed, speak of the devil.

"What do you want, Derek?"

"Can you just listen to what I have to say?" I was considering it but I denied his request.

"Derek, I need my space right now, can you give me that?"

"Okay. But I just need you to know I do truly love you. That wasn't an act or a joke, I do love you, Stiles." I hesitated before speaking.

"Goodbye, Derek." I said before hanging up the phone.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek, a cold, sad tear. I obviously loved him back but I didn't know what to do, or what to think. If he loved me so much, why would he agree to go on a date with that cougar. I was confused, and hurt so I dialed the usual number.

"Hey, do you think you can come over?"

"Stiles, I'm kind of busy..."

"Dude, please." My voice started to crack and tears were about to spill from my tear ducts. "I need someone to talk to, to vent to." I said in a low whisper.

"Okay, I'll be over in ten minutes."

"Thank you.." I hung up the phone and went to sit at the bar in my basement drinking some vodka with a splash of coke. Sure enough, ten minutes later, the doorbell rang. I left the drink to open the door to a familiar, face.

"Hey! I brought some junk food and the Saw series."

"Thanks, Isaac, but I'm not in the mood for saw, or food..." I looked down at my feet, fearing Isaac would see the tears forming in my eyes. I realized Scott wasn't with him.

"Where's Scott?"

"Oh, he'll be here soon. He had to bring his mom lunch."

"Okay, good. I need bro time, like now." We walked to the living room and sat on the black leather couch.

"So are you going to tell me what this is about" Him reminding me of what happened earlier made my eyes well up with tears, again.

"Whoa, man. I'm sorry. If it's still a touchy subject, you don't need to tell me just yet."

"No, I need to talk about this." I managed to get the story all out with as few tears as possible.

"Do you want me to talk to him?"

"No, well, if you want to, you can but I don't want to hear about him." He got up from the couch.

"Alright well I'm gonna go over there and talk to him. Are you going to do anything stupid while I'm gone?" Isaac knew about my self harm history, and I knew about his. After my mom died, I felt like her death was my fault, and some part of me felt like my father thought the same thing.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I didn't want to hurt myself anymore but it turns into a habit when you don't vent to people.

"Okay, I'll be back later."

"Bye." Then Isaac was out the door and on his way to Derek's house.

Derek's P.O.V

My phone buzzed, I jumped up answering it without looking at the caller ID first.

"Hello?!" I said frantically.

"Derek, settle down, it's just me." I was disappointed because I thought Stiles was calling me back to tell me he wants to talk about things.

"What do you want" I said in a glum tone.

"I'm coming over." Before I could say no, he hung up and I wasn't motivated enough to call back and tell him to go home, to leave me alone.

A few minutes later, Isaac walked through the door calling my name. I didn't say or move hoping he would give up and go away, but nothing gets by the werewolf hearing he's got.

"Derek, I know your here. Just tell me where you are. This isn't a joke." I knew Stiles wasn't a joke. I finally told Isaac in a soft whisper I was in my bedroom, and when he walked in, he looked like he wanted me dead.

"What the hell, Derek." I looked at him for a minute. "He called me, almost in tears asking me to come over and comfort him. He couldn't even tell me the story without taking cry breaks. I was worried to come here and leave him alone because he just might do something stupid, like cut himself again! What if I go back only to find him in his fucking bathroom with butchered arms! What is wrong with you! You know about his history! Why did you tell him you love him then break his heart?"

"He wouldn't let me explain myself." The idea of Stiles self harming made my blood boil. A small, fragile boy like him, cutting himself broke MY heart because he doesn't deserve that pain.

"Well explain yourself to me." After taking a deep breath, I explained.

"She told me she liked me, but then she told me she had information about the alpha pack, and all their weaknesses. I was just going to get something to eat with her so she could tell me everything. I don't like her, she's a cougar. I love Stiles with all my heart and I want to grow old with my mate-to-be. I cant lose him, Isaac." I was hyperventilating; at this point, I didn't care who saw me cry.

Isaac came over to sit next to me on the bed and comforted me, letting me cry on his shoulder. After a couple minutes, he got up.

"Derek, this isn't your fault. I'm taking you to see Stiles and your going to explain everything to him. And your not going on that 'date' with Jennifer alone, that's for sure." "But he doesn't want to see me."  I stopped crying. "Now pull yourself together, you have 5 minutes. I'll be waiting in my car." Ignoring my comment