Chapter 6

Stiles P.O.V

I got out of the shower and got dressed in the bathroom, not wanting to compare bodies with Derek. I open the door to find him not there.

I walk downstairs to find the one and only, cooking me breakfast. This time it was blueberry pancakes and sausage links with orange juice.

"What shall we do on this wonderful Saturday?"

"That reminds me, I have to be home at 5:30 today because my dad will be home at 6 and he thinks I'm at Scott's. It was only 9:30 so we had all day to waste.

"Let's go to the beach" Derek's suggestion was perfect considering I'm white as a ghost. I could use a little bit of sun unlike Derek who has perfect sun-kissed skin from being outside shirtless all the time.

"Perfect!" Derek served the food on two plates and we sat down at the dinner table. We didn't bother talking because the food was delicious!

Derek is an amazing cook but doesn't want to admit it because 'cooking is for girls'.

"We can stop by your house to get your things." With that, he got up to put his dishes in the sink, then ran upstairs to change into swim trunks. I went to the sink, grabbed the sponge, lathering it with soap. I had one plate left when I felt hands creep around my waist. Derek kissed my neck gently before saying something. 

"Thanks babe, but you didn't have to..."

"Well, you cooked, so I'm gonna clean." I turned around and he grabbed my cheeks with his hands, planting a big, wet kiss on my lips. I almost dropped the sponge I still had in my hand, pun intended.

"Ew, get a room." I heard from Erica say as she came down with Boyd, to my surprise they had their bathing suits on.

"

And where do you think you guys are going?" Derek said in a very manly and attractive voice.

"We're going to the beach with you and Stiles, duhh."

I didn't mind Erica and Boyd going. In fact, I would like it if they came so I could get to know them a bit better, and not have them hate me.

"Derek, they can come." I said. He looked at me shocked. I put away everything and grabbed my car keys when Derek took them from my hands.

"I'll drive." He said whispering into my ear and kissing me on the cheek before baking away.

"No P.D.A when Boyd and I are around, please." She rolled her eyes.

"Well if your coming with us, your gonna have to deal with it." Erica gave Derek a 'whatever' look before we piled into my jeep. Derek started the car and we were on our way to my house so I can retrieve my things.

Erica's P.O.V

Boyd and I were very smushed in the back seat of Stiles' jeep. To make more room, I switched from my spot to sit in Boyd's lap when we stopped at Stiles' house. Stiles went to get his stuff while Derek stayed in the car, which made Stiles hurry.

He came out a minute later with a towel, only wearing his swim trunks.

"I'm lovin' the new view" Derek said to Stiles.

OHMYGOD WAS THAT A SMILE?! Did Derek just smile?

"Boyd, you saw that too, right?" I whispered to him, he didn't answer me. I looked at his face and his jaw had already hit the floor of Stiles' jeep. Derek turned around to back out of Stiles' driveway when he saw our faces.

"What?"

"Derek, did you just smile?" I said with a shocked grin on my face.

"Yeah, it's been happening a lot lately." He gave me that 'I need to talk to you about that' look, I nodded because I needed to tall him something as well. The whole rest of the way to the beach was silent, with exception of the radio.

"Finally!" I yell as Derek parks the car in the sandy parking lot. I jumped out of Boyd's lap to stretch my legs.

The beach wasn't packed, but it wasn't empty. It was the perfect amount of people for today. We grabbed all of our stuff, and trudged it about 50 yards down the beach where there were no people.

Derek and Boyd could not get the umbrella to open for their lives! Eventually they gave up; when Stiles and I tried, we got the thing to open right away. After getting all the towels and blankets spread out, I mind linked Boyd. Your mate is the only person in the world you can mind link with when you find them.

'I need you to go do something with Stiles.' He looked at me nonchalantly.

'Do what with Stiles?' He had a 'wtf no' expression on his face.

'I need you to go do something with him that isn't over here because Derek needs to talk to me.'

'Ugh. Fine...' We both got up, and I patted him on the shoulder.

'Thanks babe'

Derek's P.O.V

Erica walked over to where I was and sat down next to me.

"So what did you need to talk to me about?" I looked around to make sure Stiles and Boyd weren't in hearing distance.

"You know how werewolves find their mates when they turn 18, right? Well, the first tile Stiles and I kissed, I felt that connection, those sparks like the fourth of July go through my body. Like we were meant to be mates.''

"Oh really?" She looked like she could care less.

"Yeah, and by the way, what's on your neck?"

"Speaking of that, Boyd and I are mates."

"Oh really?" I wasnt surprised, it was like love at first sight for them.

"Yeah, he marked me about a week ago, so I should be going into heat any day now." Finding your mate is step one. Step two is the marking, and to complete the cycle, you have to mate. That basically means they have to have sex soon or else she will be experiencing some very sharp pains throughout her body.

"Do you think you can wait until tomorrow? I really don't want to hear it..." I say cringing at that thought.

"What's the difference between today and tomorrow?"

"Today I cant sleepover at Stiles' house because his dad will be home. Tomorrow I can sleepover because his dad works all night tomorrow and all day the next day." She looked annoyed.

I could easily kick them out for the night, since it is my house but I'm not mean to them. Well, at lease not all the time.

"Okay, fine but if I go into heat tonight, I will make you my personal punching bag once the pain goes away."