Chapter Forty Two

Start from the beginning

"Well, congratulations anyway," She smiled. The happiness fell off her face, replaced with a serious expression. "I just want to thank you... for helping Gaara. He told us how you were his childhood friend," She confided.

"Did he?" I asked.

"Yeah," She smiled, "I still remember your cute little face, Kiko-chan," She teased lightly. I let a small smile spread across my face.

"Yeah, there was... a slight misunderstanding," I concurred.

"Tch. A small misunderstanding that made you want to kill eachother," she scoffed.

We look at eachother and start laughing slightly. "Yeah... It may have been a bit more than a small misunderstanding," I admitted, "But... do you... do you think I could, y'know..."

"Visit him when you have time?" She finished. I nodded in surprise. "Yeah, I think that would be fine. He's really trying hard to repair his relationships. To tell the truth, it's a little awkward," She confided. 

I nodded my understanding. "Keira! Stop wasting time and come here!" Erai shouted. I growled under my breath.

"Well, I'll see you later! Maybe we can train together sometime," I suggest.

She nods. "Sounds good! I'll let Gaara know you're around!" She calls. I wave my acknowledgment. 

"We have an apartment here," Erai points at a map. I nod, not really looking. 

"Aren't you going to take the map?" Ayumu asked.

"Hm? Oh, no, I know my way around," I shrugged distractedly.

"Don't be cocky, Yakunitatanai shojo," Erai rerimended.

"No, no, I seriously am fine," I reassure.

"Fine. Walk us to apartment 4b, on the west side," Erai challenges.

'''kay," I respond, begining to walk. I make a turn down an alleyway, and I hear Katsuo snort and catch a glimpse of Erai rolling her eyes. I must have deviated off their highlighted path. But I know all the shorcuts!

We walk out of the alleyway in front of the apartment complex. "Ta-da! " I gesture with my arms sarcastically. Erai shoves the map into her pocket, grumbling irritably. We walk into the apartment. There's two rooms with two beds each, but only one bathroom.

Ayumu and Katsuo take their shirts off, and Erai takes her vest off. I smirk as I see their red skin. "What are you laughing at? I bet your ten times worse then us! You were wearing that cloak the entire time!" Katsuo groans.

I take my cloak off. I turned in all directions, revealing my smooth, un burnt skin. (OUTFIT UNDER CLOAK IN EXTERNAL LINK) "You didn't even get chafed by the sand!" Ayumu observed. 

I suppress the, 'I told you so,' that's threatening to burts from my lips. "Well, do you mind if I go to the sweet shop?" I ask. I felt the need to get some pocky. 

"Yeah, don't--" Erai cuts herself off, finishing the sentance in her head. Get lost... 

I walked out the door after putting my cloak back on and down the street. The sweet shop was across the village. I jumped from building to building, entering the shop. I bought a large package of strawberry and chocolate pocky, immidiately taking one out and munching on it.

I'm walking along when I spot a group of kids playing on the playground. I stare wistfully at them. A woman with the children glares at me, and I realize that I had been staring to long. I turn my head down with a sigh, and continued trudging home.

I'm nearly home, walking through an alley way when I trip over something. Or, someone. A young boy looks up with teary eyes. I crouch beside him. "What's wrong?" I ask him.

"T-the other kids tease me because of my hair," He whimpers.

"Hm? This hair?" I take a strand of the long purple hair. "Oh, girls must be really jealous of this soft hair. Eventually, everyone will realize they're wrong, and they'll love you, and your hair. Bu before that happens, you have to learn to love yourself first," 

I take a piece of pocky and hand it to him. "Now, go on home to mommy and daddy, okay?" I ask. He nods, a grin breaking through his tears. He runs down the road, pocky in hand. I turn slightly. I feel like someones watching me...

I scan the entire area and walk home. Must have been my imagination... I shake my head.

With my back turned, I didn't catch the rasp of sand on sand, being dragged back to its owner.

______________________________________________________

Chapter Forty Two!

If you want to get a dedication, like bellgirl17, then comment and vote on my story! It's easy to make and account, like she did, if you don't have one!

Comment! Vote!

Bye!

gaara119