Chapter Five

I woke up with my arm around Alison, and I turned into a deep red.I got up slowly to not wake her and huddle at the fire, where it seemed the Penelope was cooking.

"morning.."I said tiredly, she looked at me, and nearly dropped the food.

"Do YOU know where Ali is!?"

I nodded, "You and Your Boy toy took over the tent you two were sharing and so she asked if she could stay in mine."

After I told her that, her mouth kept opening and closing like a fish, "He-He's not my B-B-Boy toy!!"

I Chuckled, "Of course because last night proves otherwise."

She turned a deeper red and I sat down on the log, chuckling. After a while,Alison came out and walked towards us.

I smiled at her, "Morning sleeping beauty!"

She rolled her eyes playfully, "Morning."

Penelope gave both of us a stare, "So, what's for breakfast Penny?"Alison chimed.

Penelope rolled her eyes and sighed, "You know I hate being called Penny.."

She somewhat pouted as well.

I had to let out a chuckle, "What's wrong with Penny?"

She looked at me, "Because I'm not cheap, that's why."

Now at that I had to laugh."Alright fair enough, I see the point."

She let out a 'humph' and told Alison what breakfast was.

"....Where did you find a VULTURE?!"Alison asked, terrified, as if she knew the answer.

I was kinda used to it, I used to live on dead animals to keep my metabolism up, sure I got sick and all, but it was still worth it...right?

Penelope shrugged, "Hector found it.."

I spit out the food she had given me before and they both looked at me.

I cleared my throat, "It had, uh, a funky taste..."

Penelope nodded, "Yeah, I'm just gonna go find some eggs..."

She left and Alison sat next to me, chuckling,"You don't trust him do you?"

I nodded, I didn't know if Penelope was still here, my super senses have been on and off at times..

She giggled, "Same, I don't like the mark they have either, not a good sign..."

"Isn't the king cobra known to hypnotize their victim before killing?" I asked, Alison nodded.

"Another reason why I don't trust him."

I raised an eyebrow, "You have many other reasons?"

She nodded, "But I don't want to go into them"

She thought about that for a minute, "I do have a theory though..."

"All ears, sweetheart.."

She lightly blushes at that, "I think he's a grey mage.."

I widened my eyes.A grey mage??? Grey mages kill their partners and combine their organs with them, not to mention they're fast, strong, have high metabolism, and are devious little suckers.

Now I have no trust for Hector, even if he told me to jump off the cliff to save my life.

I sighed, "Do you at least have evidence?"

She nodded, "I can't tell you right now though, you never know who's listening.."

I nodded, I understand that, I mean I've eavesdropped on a lot of stuff people said...and some other things... I looked down at my left hand, the one with the phoenix mark.

"Hey uh, can I tell you something?"I said as she looked at me.

"Of course, you can tell me anything."

I sighed, okay, I was gonna tell her about it,"I-"

Bella let out squeal and we went to her tent.She was outside of it, seemed like she was having a hissy fit, but as we got closer, she was swarmed with flies.

I pulled her away from them, "What happened?"

"THESE STUPID BUGS WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"She yelled.

jeez, I think I lost my hearing,I sighed and looked at my hand.soon a spark of fire came from it,then a flame,and I put it at the bugs, scaring the bugs away.

I calmed myself down and the fire went out, "Better?"

Alison and Bella looked at me with shock and awe in their faces."When can you DO THAT!?" Bella excitedly asked.

I shrugged,"It's, uh, natural, I guess.."I said this while scratching my head.

I couldn't tell them the truth.

"That's...wow..I don't know what to say..."Alison was so shocked, and I looked down, I didn't mean to disappoint her..

" Is that why you're so warm?"Allison asked, and I nodded.

She smiled, "To be honest, I think it's cool that you have fire powers.."

I snapped my head up, "Y-you aren't scared...?"She shook her head.

"I'm not either;one, Because you helped me and two, you're really nice, Max."Bella stated.

I let a smile formed on my face, "thanks guys, and can we, uh, keep it on the down low?"

They nodded, good nice to know I can trust a little bit.

Me and Alison went back to the fire, "So, can you tell stories...with fire I mean.?"

I nodded, "Wanna hear one?"

"Right now?"

I thought for a minute, "No, maybe tonight, it's better at night time."

She nodded, "Then yes I would love too."

I smiled, "Okay then."

Penelope came back with some bird eggs and a disappointed look.

I raised an eyebrow, "You okay?"

She looks at me, "We have to leave"

"why?" I asked.

She puts down the eggs and put it bluntly, "Because you kicked the head guard's ass and now they're asking us to leave."

Oh right, I forgot about that...I looked down, "Sorry.."

Penelope rolled her eyes, "Lets just tell the others that's all."

"okay.."Alison said.

We managed to rally the group and headed to the next town, Leaf Mountain.