Chapter Two

It took three hours before we found a small village, "Do you know what village this is, Max?".

It sounded like Al talking so I replied, "This isn't on your map, but it's Greenshadow."

"Why isn't it on OUR map?" asked Hector.

I looked at him, "Because that map you have is 50 years old."

Hector's mouth dropped, so did Penelope's, she turn to Hector, "I thought you said the map was NEW, Hec!!"

"Well, it must be the newest in our old school's library then..."

He had a look of embarrassment and I let out a slight chuckle.

"Sorry folks, that map is useless."I pulled out my map from my sack, "Now this, is new!"

I showed it to them, soon all their eyes widened.

"Triscindria is now FIFTY miles away !!" Alison said in a shocking voice, have these people ever left where they lived?

"you haven't been outside?"

"Yes,  just not this far..." It was Hector talking.

I nodded, "I understand, I was like that once."I gave them a smile and all of them seemed confused.

I sighed and continued to walk to an inn called The Lotus Flower, not a bad place, nor good, but it still was better than a cave.

As we all walked in, some people stared at us, I rolled my eyes.We sat near a table of men, where if you said the wrong thing, they would not hesitate to kick your ass.A lady came by, she must be the one running the joint from how her clothes are.Of course I knew that as well because I know the woman very well, her name was Lucy.

"What ye be drinking today lassies and lads?"

Before someone could say anything, I grabbed Al and Alison's neck with my arms and said, "The finest ale ya got!"

Lucy laughed, "Max Silvers is that YOU!?"

I nodded, putting a smile on my face, "yes lass, 'tis I!" everyone at the table was looking at me as if I became a different person.

Lucy laughed again, " 'tis been awhile, no?"

"Indeed it has, "

She smiled, "I'll bring ye all water, " I chuckled and Lucy left.

Alison elbowed me in the ribs and I let go with an "oof!"

"why in god's name did you do that!?" 

I rubbed my side and said, "she's basically family to me, and she was surprise I had friends."

They all looked at me, "ugh fine, my parents haven't been around and she used to take care of me, happy now?"

Hector raised an eyebrow, "why weren't your parents around?"

I looked away, I hate these subjects, 'Where's your family?' or 'What happened to them?'

I sighed and said, "personal reasons..."they all seemed confused, good.

Luckily Lucy came back and handed us all water, "Can I get ye anything else?"

"some meals please, and rooms?"Hector asked.Lucy nodded, "I'll come with meals and some keys."

I looked down in my water and thought about my deep past, why...why must I lived with this burden...I was snapped out of it when I heard plates clunking the table.I looked up to see Lucy walking away and Alison bug-eyed at me.

"HELLO! Earth to Max!" I looked at her, "Yes?" Everyone was digging into the food, except me and Alison.

"I've been talking to you for ten minutes, you alright?"