A World Wide Wedding

America sat in his office, just having submitted his request for a vacation, and leaned back in his comfy chair. He was at peace with his life. People said getting married changes everything. He disagreed. When England asked him to marry him, he began the next chapter of his crazy life as a country. This meant a well forged friendship between the countries and the economy began to thrive under the happiness of their representatives. The phone rang just as America had put his coat on to leave. "Hello?" He asked politely. "Hey you." The British accent of his boyfriend flowed clearly through the phone. America found his head spinning. "Yes love?" He replied. England chuckled. "I'm here to pick you up, there's some details we need to see to." America thanked him, and dashed down the stairs, barely remembering to lock his office door, and forgot entirely about the elevator. 

When he reached the car, He jerked the door open and immediately took shelter in his love's arms. "Oh am I glad to see you man." America cheered. "Long day?" Arthur asked, smoothing a hand over his hair. "Very." The American replied, and sadly pulled away to let the Brit drive. "Where are we going?" England smiled. "We have to pick out our outfits, and don't you want cake?" America's eyes brightened at the mentioning of cake. The two spent the next three months planning and sending 

....

The wedding was on a bright summer day. The air was warm, the flowers were blooming, and it was as cheesy as it could get. England wore a dark blue suit, and America a brown one. They had taken the time to comb their usually wild hair and polish their shoes. All their country friends showed up. All except France. This disappointed England, but after all he had broken his heart. The ceremony was peaceful. No one cried except for Italy and Canada, the softer of the countries. When it was over, the two strolled down the isle, and everyone threw flags at them. A flag for every country in attendance. 

The after party was more chaotic. Most of the older countries got drunk, and the younger ones, Sealand, Liechtenstein and Y, ate too much cake; passing out under the table they snored peacefully. America danced wildly, and England accepted their wedding gifts. "We brought you a cat!" Japan and Greece tried to shout over the music. England smiled at tehm. The fluffy white cat poked its head out of the basket Greece was holding. Italy brought them pasta,, and Germany beer. He accepted these gratefully. When he turned to the next person, he froze in his tracks. France stood there, in a white suit, with a pretty girl on his arm. "I came." He said softly, blinking tears away. "Would you care to dance old friend?" 

The two moved to the dance flr, and danced awkwardly for several minutes before France could speak. "I just wanted to congratulate you... And thank you for all your help." England nodded. "Do we go back t o our old ways?" England asked smugly. "Of course." France replied, and left him standing to return to his date and a bottle of wine. "So you're back to arguing? Alfred asked, appearing at his husband's shoulder. "Looks like it." He said, and danced with his new man, forgetting about the past for that night. 

______

Thank you so much for reading and keeping up with me! This has been my most successful story and I couldn't do it without you! <3 

I want to thank captainchaos__ and awesomeanimefreak312 for requesting this chapter!