Christmas Gifting

"Bro I need your help." America flopped on his older brother's couch and sobbed into a pillow. "What America? You need my help?" Canada was being half sarcastic, half surprised. His younger brother never came to ask him for help. "Christmas is right around the corner and I don't know what to get Arthur. Plus, he had a date with Francis the other night and I think I'm losing him. I need to do something special." America rolled over, taking off his glasses. His bright blue eyes shimmered with the possibility of losing his love. Canada sighed and went to whisper something in his ear. The American's eyes widened. "Dude you're a genius!"

Alfred sat in his office and picked up the phone to dial several numbers. "Heeey man! Christmas party at my place, bring gifts for five people!" He hung up before France could protest. The same happened to England, Canada, and Japan. Japan was invited to solve any fights. Canada however, was in on the plot. America was throwing a party, there would be gift giving, food and something special at the end of the night for Britain. Alfred refused to lose him after all they had been through, especially to France. 

...

That Friday on the night of Christmas day, America welcomed the four other countries into his home. There was soft music playing on the large sterio above the fireplace. His kitchen table was loaded with foods from all their cultures, and his living room was decorated in tensle and ribbon, thanks to Toni the alien. 

After they ate, Canada spoke softly, "How bout we exchange gifts now?"He had a sneaky grin on his face, which America liked. "Okay bro! Let's do it!" Japan gave everyone a book, France gave everyone a bottle of wine, America gave everyone horror movies and England gave everyone tea. "Your turn Canada!" France was smiling sweetly. Canada gave everyone hockey shirts, and ball caps. America put his hat on backwards and laughed lowdly. England put his hat on, and looked in the mirror. America smiled at him. "You look great! Let's go to a ball game sometime!" The Brit nodded and went back to drinking the tea America gave him. 

Everyone left the party at about the same time. France held the door open for Britain, but America grabbed the Brit's wrist. "Can I have a word?" He asked softly. France nodded and left to start the car. The two were left standing under a mistletoe. Alfred grinned and kissed England softly, still holding his wrist. England parted his lips in surprise, enjoying the kiss. "Merry Christmas Arthur."