Chapter 43 - The END.

*****

I smiled from where I sat on the floor beside the keyboard as I watched Damien pluck at the guitar strings fast.

"How's that?" Damien smiled as he looked up from the guitar when he finished playing.

"Pretty good," Lyle admitted with a frown. I smiled as my Granddad chuckled from across the room; personally, I was just surprised Lyle had actually admitted that Damien played well. Damien frowned looking down and I wanted to pat him telling him it wasn't that Lyle didn't like him.

"So, have you considered playing at Prom?" that would be next month.

The boys' snorted at Zara's question and she rolled her eyes. I wondered why they were so opposed to it; they were great.

"Will you guys be eating in here?" Damien's mother asked as she walked into the garage.

"Yes, Ma," Damien replied.

"No." Lyle shook his head and I laughed as our grandfather agreed and they followed her back into the house.

"Let me play something," Elliott tried to grab the guitar but Damien shoved it behind his back.

"Uh, no. Go steal someone else's shine." We laughed.

We were at Damien's house, in the garage, with Zara (Victor's girlfriend) and Cassidy (Elliott's girlfriend) as the boys messed around on the instruments they had there and the keyboard Lyle had let us borrow for the day. Turns out, they were all really great musicians. Victor was great at the drums while Elliott's guitar playing was just amazing. I hoped I could play as well as he did one day.

It had been three months since I left the hospital, and things were pretty great. Lyle and I got to see our Granddad every weekend and I had met his family. They were incredibly nice, even though Lyle's mother was worse than him when it came to my eating and safety. She was really sweet and caring, and though I was still adjusting to the family and trust thing, I loved her.

I still worked at the diner and Keith and Jack had become really close friends to me, like Kristy was.

I had not seen my mother or Gerald and I wasn't sure if I wanted to, maybe I would sometime in the future, but it wasn't going to be any time soon. I couldn't hate them. Especially because they were the reason I knew my friends, they had made me get a job and I had met Kristy there. They had been the reason I worked at the club and that led to Keith and the others, I didn't like what they had done, but I don't think I would have changed it because I wouldn't swap my friends or my life right now for the world.

I was playing on the keyboard when the guys were busy with their own instruments. When they weren't, one of them was on the keyboard. Rick played bass.

Right now, we had all been hanging around just eating until Damien had decided to try to play one of Elliott's more advanced riffs, it wasn't bad - though it wasn't Elliott good either. I had been controlling the music which I played randomly as I made my way through the music on Damien's phone.