Chapter 24.

*****

"She looks so much different than I pictured her... I mean, I don't know how I pictured her but it's different." I heard Elliott's voice.

I heard some chuckling. "Right?" I froze as fingers brushed my forehead, "You awake, Hannah?"

I considered pretending not to be, but I wanted to know why I was hearing them so I opened my eyes and looked at Damien and his friends, they were all surrounding me, staring at me. Damien gave me a smile as he pulled his hand away from my forehead. I quickly pushed myself into a sitting position and noticed the cast on my left arm. I couldn't feel any pain though... Looking down, I saw that I wasn't in my own clothing, but was wearing a hospital gown. I lifted my hands to my face and felt my swollen cheek before I hid my arms bellow the blanket seeing as there wasn't anything covering my self-made scars and the rest of the bruises on my arms. I don't know why I hid, they had obviously already seen all of it, I knew that especially since Elliott was still staring at my arm until I hid it. I sat twisting one of the charms on the bracelet that was now around my right wrist, I don't know who had put it on my other arm but I was glad they hadn't taken it off because it seemed a little calming.

"Wh-where am I?" I asked feeling incredibly tired as I glanced up at the light. I blinked seeing a halo around it, it didn't disappear so I looked back down.

"Matelands Hospital," Derek said.

Hospital...

"Don't worry, you don't have to pay for anything, Day's mom's got it covered, she's a doctor here," Victor said. I cringed remembering last night.

"Hannah?" I looked at Elliott, "You have really nice eyes." He smiled.

I looked down feeling my face heat up, uncertain of how to react to the compliment. I heard Damien clear his throat, it was followed by the guys chucking and I found myself wondering if he was joking, he probably was.

"What did you do to your arms and legs?" Rick's question made my heart stop.

"Yeah, and who hurt you?" Damien asked with a frown.

"N-nothing - No one," I mumbled. They snorted.

"Han -" Damien began.

"Boys, I told you to let her rest." A woman said as she walked into the room.

"Rest? She's been sleeping all day, Ma." Damien said looking at the woman.

She wore a white coat and her dark brown hair was tied back into a neat bun. He shared her hair and eye colour, their eyes being a hazel brown, but those were the only features they shared. It made me wonder if he resembled his father more.

I had been sleeping all day? "What time is it?" I asked.