Chapter 30.

*****

I had just finished my breakfast when I heard a knock on the door. I hopped off my seat telling Natalie I would get it, Lyle was somewhere else in the apartment.

I glanced through the peephole and held my breath nervously as my eyes fell on familiar brown hair while his hazel eyes stared back at the peephole blankly.

"Are you going to open it?" I heard Natalie laugh from behind me.

Oh, right. I forgot... I gave her a smile before I stepped back and pulled the door open.

"Hi," I said to Damien timidly as my heart beat faster remembering the kiss.

"Hey... Uhm..." He spoke slowly, seemingly nervous as well. Probably because of how my mood seemed to drop after that moment in the park.

I stepped forward quickly and hugged him without really giving myself a second to second-guess the movement, it was the first thing I thought of to end the tension and I also wanted to be close to him for some reason.

I tensed a little as his arms circled my waist while he nudged his head against mine.

"Good morning, Hannah." He smiled as I pulled away, his voice returning to normal.

I felt myself blush realising Natalie was behind me and I turned to her giving an apologetic smile but she rolled her eyes.

"You two are so cute!" She said.

"Who's cute? Oh..." Lyle said walking into the living room with a tie in his hands. "It's a school day, you can't take her out." He frowned at Damien.

"No, I uh... I want to drive her to school. May I?" Damien looked at me.

I looked at Lyle asking for some type of approval while his eyes fought with Natalie's in silence. He finally let out a sigh as he kissed his teeth when Natalie smirked.

"Hannah, are you okay with it? You don't have to if you don't want to." Lyle said.

"Uhm... Yeah." I said avoiding Damien's eyes as I grabbed my school bag from the couch.

"Drive properly and don't mess around." Lyle frowned at him, "See you at school, Hannah. Careful." He said.

I felt Damien take my hand.

"I won't hurt her, Lyle. I promise." I felt myself blush as Lyle gave Damien a blank-faced nod.

Damien pursed his lips before giving me a smile and pulling me out of the door after he greeted Natalie. We took the stairs down instead of using the elevator,  because Damien wanted to slide down the rail, which was nerve-wracking until we reached the lower floors.