Chapter 27.

*****

"Stress. See? It's nothing big, Lyle, she just needs to calm down a bit," Natalie said pulling her gloves off, "You hear me?" She looked at me.

I nodded hopping off the bathroom sink.

"You sure you're feeling alright?" I looked at Natalie who rolled her eyes at Lyle. I nodded.

"Uh-huh," I replied.

"Go get some rest," Lyle said.

"I'm not tired. Play with me?" I asked.

"Play what?" He asked confused. Natalie laughed.

"Guitar, Lyle." She said.

"Oh." My brother chuckled, "Yeah, come on." He smiled. I smiled and ran out to the music room, where I had spent most of my time since I moved in with Lyle and Natalie. I looked at the black guitar I always played with but I decided against taking it and decided to finally let my brother show me some keys on the keyboard. I sat down at it and looked up as he walked in. He smiled widely. "Finally. It's amazing, trust me." He said walking over to me.

We had been playing for just a few minutes when we heard the doorbell ring and he furrowed his brows.

"Nat? Babe, you had anyone coming over?" He called.

"No!" I heard Natalie yell from the bathroom. I could hear water; she must be in the shower.

Lyle raised his brows at me silently asking if I had anyone coming over, I shook my head at him as I got up. We ran to the front door and he checked the peephole.

"Seriously?" He mumbled unlocking the door. "Damien, what are you doing at my house? You're so inappropriate." He said.

I laughed as Damien gave Lyle a wide grin before he looked at me concerned.

"You okay?"

I looked at him a little surprised.

"You're here for me?" I asked.

"Of course, are you alright?" I opened my mouth but I couldn't reply. Why was he acting like he cared about me so much? "I brought you some ice cream... you know, to make you feel better," Damien said.

"She's sick... and you bring her ice cream 'to make her feel better'." Lyle snorted, "Amazing." He rolled his eyes.

Damien gave an embarrassed smile.

"Lyle," I mumbled feeling a little embarrassed as well. He looked at me and smiled.

"Fine, give the ice cream. She's fine, see you at school." He said.