CHAPTER THE EIGHT

Hii guys...I'm earlier for the update this time! But this might be the last time I will update frequently, because next week, I have exams. So I'll see you after the exams. Okay?

I have no idea how I feel about this chapter...BUT I LOVED WRITING IT. Let the ending bring a silly smile to your face. DON'T IMMEDIATELY SCROLL DOWN TO THE END AND TRY TO SPOIL YOURSELF.

Word Count: 4,175 words.

CHAPTER THE EIGHT

EVELINA SENCEN

"You're here," greeted Edaline, flashing Evelina and her family a bright, warm smile. Her turquoise eyes shone and her deep amber hair sashayed from side to side as she made her way toward them.

Sophie closed the distance between her adoptive parents as she neared for a hug. "It feels so good to be home," she mumbled, her voice muffled in the fabrics of the clothes Grady and Edaline were wearing.

Keefe and Dex joined in the hug, and Evelina and Hywel were left there standing awkwardly in a corner, watching their parents hug each other.

Luckily, the awkwardness was cut clean by the entrance of Biana. She beamed radiantly at all of them.

"Where's Fitz?" asked Keefe as he waved to her.

Biana didn't meet Sophie's eyes as she said, "He'll be here soon. He told me that he was still getting prepared for . . . he was still getting prepared dressing up."

Sophie and Keefe didn't look convinced, and Evelina felt the same way as them. Whatever Fitz was getting prepared for, it sure wasn't dressing up.

Terrentia bounded in, her auburn waves bouncing up and down. "Hello, Lord Ruewen, Lady Ruewen," she said politely. Then she caught sight of Evelina and Hywel. "Same to you, Lord Sencen, Lady Sencen, and Lord Dizznee. Where's Lady Dizznee?"

Dex glanced behind him. "I think she'll be here in a short moment. She's talking to her brother at their house right now."

"Wait, if Tam's coming, does that mean Myst is coming too?" asked Evelina.

Sophie nodded.

"Why can't Gandalf come too, then?"

Sophie turned away. "You really want me, of all people, to talk to Stina?"

"I don't really mind her," argued Evelina. "As long Gandalf comes, it's all right—I can withstand it."

"And this is a family reunion or gathering or whatever, right?" Terrentia interrupted. "Gandalf is my distant cousin—surely he can be counted as family. And no matter how bad Aunt Stina can be, she's still good."

Keefe let out a very ungraceful snort, and Sophie elbowed him. "Ow," he whispered.

Sophie smiled. "Fine. I'll go contact Stina. But next time, I'll get Keefe to do it."

"Foster, you can't do this to me . . ." Keefe pouted, widening his eyes and pushing out his lips in an attempt to act and look cute. Sophie looked slightly mollified for a second, before quickly returning to a stern face.

"Shhh." She put a finger on her lips as she pulled out her Imparter and said, "Show me Stina."

The crystal screen on the Imparter clouded over for a few short moments, then cleared up to reveal a scowling face.

"What do you want?"

Sophie's face showed no change of emotion as she said, "Evelina and Terrentia wish to request your son's presence at Havenfield right now. It is a family gathering, and since you are distantly related to Terrentia, so is your son—"