14

We both lay on the couch beside each other, my leg over his, my hand on his stomach, and my head on his chest. His arm was snaked around my shoulder. Pretty In Pink is playing only because I got to pick the movie. His head was turned to the side as he watched it which gave me the opportunity to stare at him. The movement of his chest rising and falling gives me butterflies. The sound of his breathing makes me smile. When I look up at the side of his face, I nearly pass out.

I had never in my life realized how handsome he is. How cute, hot, adorable, even sexy, he could be. It's weird knowing that not even three weeks ago he was this innocent 'nerd' that had perfect slick hair, bulky glasses, sort of a squeaky voice, wore vests, dress pants, and dress shoes. But transformed into this hot piece of sex god. Don't get me wrong, I love this side of Marcel. But I sort of miss his dorky side.

"Stop staring at me." His now deep voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I look away before looking back again. He was staring back at me with a smile on his face. I want to kiss him a thousand times.

I think that I always had feelings for Marcel. He's always had some sort of affect on me. When he'd get bullied, I could literally feel my heart break, and tears sting my eyes. He doesn't deserve any of it. He for sure is the most sweetest, polite, respectful guy I've ever met. He deserved so much better than what he has received.

"Marcel." I say softly and he turns his head. His soft green eyes meet mine and he smiles. 

"What's up?" He asks, turning so he is on his side and looking at me.

I smile and poke his dimpled cheeks. 

"How are you?" I ask, trying to make conversation.

"I'm great actually. Better than great." His lips pull into a smirk.

"And why is that?" I cuddle closer to him, excitement coursing through my body as I wait to hear what his reasoning is, as if I don't already know.

"Because I got an A in Spanish." He says, trying to hold back a chuckle. I playfully and gently smack his chest and laugh along with him. He stops me and pulls me closer by my arm.

"Because I get to spend time with you. I know we literally just started dating, but I swear I love you. Ever since the first day of 10th grade when you stood up for me for the first time. I always wondered why you would say things to the people bullying me." He says quietly, running his soft fingers over my cheek. He then pushes my hair out of my face and the corner of his lips turn up. "Riley, I could never thank you enough for everything you've done." He whispers. I zone out, remembering the first day of 10th grade.

-FLASHBACK-

Walking down the hall with Jessie, we discussed our schedules to see what classes we had together when I saw a group of boys messing with another boy.

"Give it here, Styles!" Gabe yelled, taking the smaller boy's textbook and ripping the pages out. Before I knew it, he was being punched in the stomach and then in the face.

"Hey! Hey stop!" I yell as I run towards Gabe and his friends. I push the him out of the way and kneel down beside the helpless boy on the ground.

"What are you doing to him?" I shout, looking back at the group of boys. "Three against one isn't exactly fair, is it? Leave him the fuck alone." I nudge one of the boys legs, trying to push him away from the kid lying on the ground.

"Riley, just go away. No one needs your input." Gabe huffed.

"No Gabe, I will not walk away. You need to apologize to him! Now!" I give him a stern look and point to the boy on the ground. He let out a sigh and I moved aside so he could look at the boy.

"Marcel, I'm sorry." He muttered. 

I nod my head and help the boy, who I now know is named Marcel, up off of the filthy ground. The boys standing around shook their heads.

"And you guys need to apologize for standing around watching and not doing shit about it." I say.

"We aren't apologizi-"

"Right now!" I shout.

"Sorry Marcel."

"Sorry, man."

"Sorry."

"Good. Now get away." I shoo them off and look at Marcel.

"Are you okay? Do you need me to take you to the nurse?" I ask, fixing his vest for him and picking up his ripped up textbook. His math textbook. "Here, have mine. I'm terrible at math." I smile before handing him my textbook.

"A-are you sure?" He hesitates and I nod.

"Trust me, I'm sure. So do you need to go to the nurse?"

He shakes his head no. "Thank you though.. I'm used to it." He frowns. I pat his back and he walks off. As I was cleaning up the ripped papers, he turns around to look at me.

"Your name is Riley?" He asks. I look up at him and nod. 

"Yeah." I smile.

"Pretty name." He tells me before walking off.

-

"Riley."

"Hello, earth to Riley!"

The memory fades and I blink a few times, now focusing my attention back to the boy from my flashback. Marcel was sitting in front of me, waving his hand in my face. I smile and quickly pull him into a hug.

"Just think Marcel, the school year is almost ever and that's it. We graduate. No more bullying. No more being scared of going to school. Nothing." I say after giving him a peck on his cheek. He smiles and nods his head.

"I can't wait."

-

"Riley, I'm home!" My mom's loud voice booms from downstairs. 

Marcel and I are in my room, falling asleep while watching TV and when I look at what time it is, it's 3:46. Perfect. We didn't get caught.

I look up at Marcel. "Wanna meet my mom and stay for dinner?" I ask.

"Sure. I'd love to." He mumbles before leaning down and placing a peck on my lips. I sit up and stare at him with a smile on my face. I always find myself smiling when I look or even think about him. Just as I went to kiss him for the thousandth time, my phone started vibrating.

"Hello?"

"YOU GO OUT WITH MARCEL?" Jessie screeched through the phone.

"Thanks Jess. I'm deaf now! And how did you know?"

"Hm, I don't know! Only the whole school is talking about it! Louis told everyone that you guys like, made out yesterday and confessed your love for each other. The one day I don't come to practice, and I miss everything. You couldn't have waited?" I could've sworn she was at practice.

"Hey, don't be mad at me. Be mad at Marcel. He was the sweetheart who showed up to my volleyball practice unannounced, confessing his love for me." I laugh lightly and look at Marcel, who is listening and watching me speak.

"Well shit. Is he with you right now?"

"Yeah."

"Let me talk to him."

I hand the phone to Marcel and he looks at it nervously before bringing it to his ear.

Marcel's POV•

"Hello?"

"Hi Marcel."

"Hi Jessie."

"So you and Riley are together now?"

"Yeah," I smile to myself.

"Hey, do me a favor?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Please just... don't hurt her. She's special. Not many come like her. She's your one in a million. I've had to watch this girl get played by several guys, and I had to be the one to pick up the pieces. And I swear Marcel, if you hurt her-"

"Jessie, don't worry. I wouldn't even think of it." I assure her.

"Okay, good. Do you guys want to come over for a movie tonight?"

"But it's a school night."

"So? Just come over! Let me talk to Ri."

"Alright, see ya." I say and hand Riley the phone.

I really couldn't think of hurting Riley. She means too much to me and I don't want to be known as one of the guys who broke Riley Bale's heart. She's too perfect to hurt. I will always love and protect this girl.

Riley's POV•

"You know we aren't going to Jessie's tonight, right?" I ask him when I end the phone call.

He nods, "That's fine. I'd rather meet your mom and step dad." He smiled.

"Great. Well lets go meet her now." I smile and jump off the bed. "In fact, lets change into something comfy first." I say and walk to my dresser. 

Marcel picks up his book bag and pulls out grey sweats, and a black shirt. I watch as he unbuttons and unzipped his skinny jeans, pulling them down his legs. He is wearing black tight Calvin Klein boxers and I couldn't help but gawk at him. He pulls on his sweats and pulls his shirt over his head. His sweats were hanging dangerously low, revealing the perfect v-line. His toned torso clear as day.

"Jesus take the wheel.." I whisper to myself and feel my body getting hot, instantly breaking out into a sweat.

"What was that?" He looks up at me as he throws a tight black long sleeved shirt over his head, outlining his muscles.

"Oh um.. What? What was what?" I laugh nervously, shifting uncontrollably and trying to ignore the discomfort that has crept into my body.

"Do you need to use the bathroom?" He asks, looking at me in confusion and I realize it looks like I'm shifting back and forth like I have to pee.

"What?" I chuckle breathlessly. "I don't know. I think something is wrong." I breathe like I just ran a marathon. I could actually feel like my breath was being taken away. I begin to panic and look at him with fear in my eyes.

"Marcel I seriously can't breathe." I wave my hands in front of my face as my body begins to grow hot. I feel sick to my stomach and I feel like I'm about to lose consciousness.

The last thing I remember is being in Marcel's arms and hearing my mom's panicked voice and keys jingling as they rush to the car.

Everything went black.