Picture of a lifetime - Alternate ending.

Okay, so this has been requested by blueforhim and I suggest you read picture of a lifetime before you read this.

This is hard to write, but I tried my very best.

Troye's POV

It had been 3 months since Connor had collapsed. His sentence of just a month had been tripled, and as he laid asleep, I carefully traced his spine, wrapping his frame into my embrace. I tried to savour the borrowed time I had with him, but my smile grew as I would wake every morning, seeing his chest still rise and fall, as if he wasn't sick at all.

"Darling, are you up to eating today?" I questioned, rubbing my hand across his shoulder. He was bony due to the lack of food he consumed, but as the last week went on, his appetite had returned, and he had just managed to keep what he ate, happily in his stomach.

"T-Tro?" He whispered, lightly turning over, careful not to rip out his infusion line.

He had been put on bed rest at home, a place where he was comfortable in what they thought were his final months. He had been fitted with an IV for nutrients, and still obtained the cannula, very much needed as he wheezed for air.

"Yes, baby?" I smiled, hanging over the bed with my new plate of pancakes. "Do you want to try and eat these?" I put the plate down on the bed, surprised at how quickly he pulled himself up.

Just a month ago he could barely sit.

The night of the wedding had been hard. We thought we had lost him, we thought that those moments on the dance floor were his last, but to mine, and the doctors amazement, he pulled through.

It was a weak struggle for the first few weeks, his home the hospital as he was induced into a coma. The doctors were sure we would be saying goodbye, but as his eyes fluttered on a warm Wednesday afternoon, I knew I could smile for a little longer.

Three months down the line, we were still together, and astonishingly, he was still defying the odds.

"Can you help?" He groaned, laying back against the cushions. "I'm tired today."

I pecked my husband on the cheek, taking a seat on the edge of the bed. He gazed up at me as I cut the syrup covered treat into small triangles, before spooning them up for him to taste.

"You always were a good pancake maker Troye." I watched as he slowly licked his lips, savouring their sweetness. He seemed as if he wanted more, so the process repeated itself for a little while.

"Will you make me more tomorrow love?" He giggled, pursing his lips as I wiped them clean. I quickly rolled my eyes, stroking back the little layer of hair he had.

"Of course Kitten, I'll always make pancakes for you." I bopped him on the nose, leaving him to settle once more. He could only sleep these days. It was a milestone managed if we got him onto the sofa, just to cuddle with me.

But he was still here, and to me, that was all that mattered.

* * *

"We have an appointment at the hospital today Con." I reminded my husband as he persisted to lay on my arm, complaining that leaving my embrace would be bad for his health. As much as I wanted to laugh, I tried to pull myself from under him, desperately needing to get dressed. "We have to be out of the house by 10, I've got a taxi coming to pick us up."