Bruised Heart

Chapter 1

“You’re going to be late for school.” my mom, Kendra said as she shook me awake.

I cracked my eyes open and saw that I had thirty minutes to get ready. “Do I have to go today?” I whined, burying my face further in my blankets, under my pillow.

“Andie, we play this game every morning. Now get up and get ready for school.” mom said before she stood up and walked towards my door. “Alex is here by the way.”

“Send him up.” I mumbled, starting to drift back to sleep.

I heard my door close, then open again a few seconds later. “Time to wake up.” Alex said as he sat down next to me.

I reached my hand out blindly and grabbed his arm. “Lay with me.” I said as I pulled on his arm so he was on my bed next to me. I pulled on the arm that I was still holding, and wrapped it around my waist. I turned around in his arms and saw that he was completely ready for school. “Do I really have to go?” I sighed.

“Yup. Now get up and get ready.” Alex said as he kissed me on the lips quickly.

I slowly got out of bed and grabbed clothes on my way to my attached bathroom. “I’ll be out in a minute.” I said as I shut the door, not waiting for a response.

I pulled off my pajamas slowly, trying to do my best, not to touch any of the bruises that I had along the right side of my body and looked at the clothes that I grabbed. Black skinny jeans and a dark red, fitting shirt that went down to my upper thighs (most sluts would consider it a dress.) I shrugged my shoulders as I pulled them on and put the bare minimum amount of make up on. Making sure to clean my gauges before I emerged from the bathroom. “Just need shoes.” I said as I pulled on my black and red Vans.

“Ready?” Alex asked as he stood up.

“Yup.” I said as I picked up my school bag. “I have to pick up Hayley. Her car broke down.” I said as we made my way out to my car and got in.

Alex let out an annoyed sigh and slammed the passenger door. “She’s so fucking annoying! Doesn’t she have any other friends to bum rides off of?”

I didn’t bother saying anything because I knew that If I did, he would start yelling at me. That situation doesn’t ever end too well. I’m not going to lie and say he’s never hit me before, he didn’t mean to. He always felt bad afterwards and kept apologizing over and over until I forgive him. I’m sure if Hayley or my mom knew about it, they would have his head…well Hayley would have his balls. I pulled in front of her house and honked once, not wanting to get out of the warm car.

“Hey. I thought you forgot about me.” Hayley said as she joined us in the vehicle.

“Nope. I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning.” I said as I continued driving to school.

“Don’t you have that problem everyday?” Hayley chuckled.

“Of course she does.” Alex said, ruining the light mood.

The rest of the car ride was silent. You could cut the tension with a spoon it was so thick. The second I stopped the car, Alex looked at me, signaling that I was to stay behind with him. “I’ll catch up with you in first.” I said to Hayley as we got out of the car. I just wish I knew what I did wrong.

“I don’t want you hanging out with her.” Alex warned. As he looked over at me with a menacing glare in his eyes.

I couldn’t verbally tell him that I wasn’t going to stop hanging out with my best friend, he already made it so she was the only friend that I was allowed to talk to, so I nodded my head yes, causing my long brown, curly hair to fall in my face and got out of the car. I’ll let him know once he’s calmed down that I wont listen to him when it comes to my friends. “Where are you going?” Alex said as he gripped onto my upper arm a little too tight and pulled me to a stop, just before I reached the school doors.

“I don’t want to be late.” I lied, I didn’t care about being late, I just wanted to get away from him.

“You are a lying bitch!” Alex whisper-yelled as he gripped tighter onto my arm.

“Let go Alex, you’re hurting me.” I whispered, feeling a bruise already starting to form in the shape of his hand.

“I wasn’t finished talking to you.” Alex ground out through his teeth.

“Hey! What’s going on over here?” The principal asked as he walked towards us.

I rubbed my arm where Alex was gripping excessively tight and breathed a sigh of relied as Alex took a step away from me. “Get to class.” The principal said, looking at me. “And Alex, you can come with me.”

I didn’t waste any time rushing to class. I needed to get away from him. Its like he has no control when he gets angry. All eyes turned to the door when I walked in, which was to be expected. I breathed a sigh of relief as I walked towards the back of the room to my seat. “Glad you could join us Andie.” My history teacher said as I slowly took my seat. The second I sat down, I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out to see a text from Alex.

’This conversation is NOT over yet.’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First chapter of my Johnny B fan fic. In case you guys dont know who Johnny B is, he's the guitarist in the band Get Scared. If you havent heard of them before, i suggest checking them out! They're GREAT!!

Do you guys want me to title the chapters titles of songs like i usually do? Or leave it like this?