Chapter 15 - newcomers

• Dedicated to Hayley Wilson

Chris’s POV

Having the person you love in hospital hurts, Especially when no one will talk to me about Bella’s or Janie’s health. They wouldn’t speak to Leigh either. It was frustrating all we could do was pray and hope they would be all right, I sat in the front pew of the church and dropped my head as the Pastor began to open up in prayer.

‘Lord, Why am I here? I haven’t exactly been a good person..’ I thought to myself.

I opened my eyes and listened to what the pastor was saying, none of it really sank in and I didn’t understand half of what was being said but I listened intently, Looking through the bible a scripture caught my eye

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

I sat trying to figure it out when my phone began to vibrate I quickly made my way out of the church before answering

“Chris!” Leigh yelled into my ear and I winced.

“Yes, now that you have made me half deaf how can I help you?” I muttered sarcastically

“Get to the hospital now! Isabella is awake!” I hung up and sprinted to my car, I had to see her.

I was going way over the speed limit but I didn’t care I had to see my Bella.

All of a sudden I heard hooting and beeping and then two lights coming straight at me

CRASH

I couldn’t breathe my lungs crashed and the wind was knocked out of me and I felt drops of wetness flow from my head and onto my arms. I knew it was the end

Hayley’s Pov.

“Oh my gosh! Tiff! I told you to slow down! Oh my gosh!”

I was freaking out! I looked at my friend Tiffany Wilson, She looked at the car in front of us started to hyperventilate.

Her long dark black hair covered her face and she bit her lips.

“Ohmygosh! Hayley… I didn’t mean to. I swear!” I looked around there was no one, “Tiff get in the car! Lets go!” she looked at me with her piercing green eyes and her facial expression turned to one of understanding we got in the car and sped away.

We got to my house and ran upstairs, Tiff grabbed us soda’s I flopped onto my bed and Tiff sat at my desk. “Are you okay?” I asked looking her up and down to check for any symptoms of shock. She nodded slowly and looked at me “what if they find out?” she whispered, Normally she was the tough one. She has won so many championships for fighting. I looked in the mirror examining myself like I normally did I had waist length Blonde hair and sparkly blue eyes. My boyfriend told me I had a mischievous smile. I smiled at the thought of him

“Hayley! Snap out of it what are we gonna do?!” she was freaking out I walked up to her and hugged her tight “Its gonna be ok Tiff, No one will know its us” I reassured her she nodded and put on a movie to distract her. We watched one of her favorite movies, my super ex girlfriend. She fell asleep halfway through the movie and I let my guard down, I cried myself to sleep.

Isabella’s POV

Chris Died Monday morning. my mom and me were released Wednesday night. It was Friday morning an we were at his funeral… I couldn’t believe he was gone… It felt like someone had cut open my chest ripped my heart out and shattered it till not even smithereens were left. I was crying and staring at his picture… he was taken away from me as soon as he was given to me…

People began to leave when a preacher walked up to me and smiled.

“Hey, Are things alright?” I glared at him, I was at the funeral of my first love and he was asking if I was all right,

“Fine” I mumbled, There were two girls behind him, I took a in a sharp breath, They were both gorgeous.

One was tall and thin with silky blonde hair down to her waist and she was tan her blue eyes sparkled in the sun, she wore grey stockings with a black wool shirt dress over and boots she was gorgeous.

I smiled at her shyly and she waved, the other girl had shoulder length black hair it was layered and kind of curly she had piercing green eyes she wore black combat boots with black skinny jeans and a black tank top. She looked really upset.

The preacher smiled at me “That is my daughter and her best friend, would you like to meet them?” he asked and I looked down at myself but nodded,

“Tiff, Hayley.” He called nodding at them.

The blonde walked over with a spring in her step but the brunette walked with confidence and security, I envied them both.

The blonde stuck out her hand “Hi, I’m Hayley” she said her voice was almost musical I smiled at her

“Hi, I’m Isabella, but everyone calls me belle” she nodded thoughtfully

“Your cute!” she giggled as I felt my face flush to the color of a ripe tomato.

I looked at the brunette, who was gazing off into the distance,

Hayley elbowed her

“This is tiff” she said calmly, I winced as I heard the name and I tried to keep my tears in I gave a brave smile and whispered “hi” she nodded at me.

“How did you know this guy?” Tiff asked her voice was soft and hard to hear 
“I was in love with him” I murmured, “Oh “she simply said and looked at Hayley.