XII.

Southern Californ-i

Nicole

As the week carried on and ended, a new one began. With the weather getting warmer as summer grows nearer, I couldn't wait to finally graduate. I may not have had my focus on my school work as much as I should have but it's hard to keep focus off two people in particular that hold a type of value.

I saw Vanity at her locker and chose to walk out to the student parking lot where I saw CJ standing by his car probably waiting for his friend like he did all last year.

"Hey CJ." I said when I approached him and he looked back at me with a hard expression. "Still the same, I see."

"What'chu want? I cut you off for a reason so you got no business talkin' to me or even as much as bein' around me."

"I told you I was sorry for what I did. I was being stupid but you have to understand I fell so hard for you and I didn't want you to leave. So stop being such a child and holding this grudge." He leaned up against his car with his attention all into the phone. "For just two seconds can you not be so nose deep in that damn phone?" He looked up at me blankly and then back at the phone. "Are you serious?"

"You said two seconds so I did as you asked what the fuck else you want from me? I don't care how hard you fell for me, I don't care what feelings you picked up, I told you what was up with us. I liked you but you were just doin' the most with rushin' shit and then trying to trap me? Fuck off."

"CJ-"

"Nah. I don't wanna hear it. Why are you even talking to me to begin with? I ain't grant no bitch the permission." His anger was setting in and I was trying not to explode on him because that only makes things worse, especially with us.

"I don't need your permission to talk to you. I just want us to put the past to rest and at least be civil. We both share Vanity as a friend and I'd like to hang with her but I know she's probably sprung in love for you or whatever by now-"

"No one's sprung for love except your bitter ass. Vanity and I don't even have a basic friendship because we truthfully can't stand each other. Ask her yourself and she'll tell you the same thing. It doesn't matter that we have her as a mutual friend, that doesn't mean I gotta do shit with you." He spat at me.

"I just figured it's be nice for Vanity to know that the two main friends that she has out here can get along."

"I don't care. My life doesn't revolve around Vanity so if it bothers her that you and I don't get along, that's her problem. I'm leavin' because I got my shit to do so you go do yours and stay the hell away from me." He got in his car and shut the door, starting up the car and then pulling off before I even had the chance to say anything back.

So that's it? I made one mistake and now he's completely done? It's not like there ever was a child between us that I aborted or anything. Just a little lie telling him I was on birth control despite me stopping months in advance. I regret telling Symphonic what I did because she was who ruined it. I soon after realized my mistake and thankfully I didn't end up pregnant but I lost CJ all together.

Maybe having Vanity as a best friend is what'll help me get him back. If her and I start hanging out more, she'll start to want to do more and naturally she'll want CJ there too since she seems to be fond of him- I don't care what he says, I know she's sprung for him but he fails to see it. It's just sex with him and nothing else but I doubt Vanity realizes that.

I started to walk back into the school to try to find Vanity. Since it was lunch, most of the upper class were off campus, CJ included so it shouldn't be too hard to find Vanity. Her english class was clearly closed and so I tried her next class which was Chem.