VIII.

Southern Californ-i

I shifted on the bed to make myself more comfortable as he kept looking at me, just waiting for my response. I'm trying to remember what exactly we did do...I don't remember us doing anything that would cause any problems though.

"Vanity, you got three seconds to tell me what the fuck y'all did." He demanded in a stone cold tone that made me narrow my eyes at him. "Fix your eyes and direct your mouth to spittin' out the info." I noticed we were far too close to each other and I tried to scoot away but he grabbed my wrist and kept me right where I was.

"Let me think, dammit." I grabbed my wrist and scooted a bit away but he was childish and only scooted closer. "I want space, you're making me feel all weird." I eyed him and pushed my hair out of my face before finally feeling like I got the night pieced together. "So I went back inside to find Mickey at the counter scooping ice cream into a bowl. This was just after saying bye to you." I began and he was all the more intrigued with the words that seemed to drip out of my mouth.

"So are you happy now?" I questioned with annoyance clear in my voice as I stepped into the kitchen. She glared at me as if confused.

"About?"

"Meeting CJ? You were all over him like those thirsty hoes you constantly complain about." She put the ice cream back in the fridge as I took a seat on a stool.

"I know you're fronting so much around him because oh my God, he's even better in person." Setting her bowl down next to me, she wasted no time digging into the cookie dough ice cream. I just looked at her and shook my head. "What? If I knew you wouldn't have flipped, I would have slept with him." She shrugged.

"I don't want to hear anymore about what you wanted to do." My phone vibrated in front of us and she snatched it before I could. "It's not CJ! Give me the phone!" I yelled once again trying to reach for the phone but her arms being longer than mine made it all too difficult so I accepted failure.

"Nicole's inviting you to a party? Let's go. Hell yes." She said texting back with the smirkiest of smirks to graze her face.

"And how the hell would we get there, Einstein? We can't take my car and then there's my Dad- Hell no." I said sternly as she just laughed. "There isn't anything funny, Mickey."

"We're sneaking out and that's the end of it. She said it's just around the corner by the Motel 6 so it's not that far, right?" She took in another larger spoonful. I heard the garage door open and I instantly snapped my head in that direction. "I'll get us out of this house without him knowing and I'll especially get us back in without a flaw. I'm a pro at this by now." You've been doing this since forever ago so I know you're pro by my Dad isn't nearly as absent minded as your parents.

***

So we snuck out successfully and I was a ball of nerves. When I was out with CJ, I was at least in the neighborhood but I was beyond the fence walking the streets trying to find this stupid party so Mickey can have her fun. I pulled my hood up and held in the sides since a strong breeze came through.

"I see no Motel 6 and no party." I shot at her as she was leading the way. She claimed she knew where Nicole said to go but of course, she had no idea and Nicole's phone was off so we couldn't get the house address. "We're lost and I have school tomorrow, thanks a lot Mickey. Because you couldn't just stay back at the house for the night."

"You didn't have to come-"

"Are you kidding me? I can't let you wander around here by yourself." She rolled her eyes and continued to look around till we came across a neighborhood where there were a few cars parked around and a garage was open, playing some music. I automatically didn't trust it because it seemed like a bit of a shady area- every area that CJ hadn't shown me was considered shady at this point but Mickey went right for it.