Chapter 18

I had watched the sunlight move across the walls. The boredom that I was feeling was unlike any other time. I was sitting in bed, piles of books and paper surrounding me. After I had left Levi's, I tried to read but to no avail. The stories weren't getting to my brain, and I just wasn't connecting to the words. I also tried to draw, but again, it didn't work out. Normally, I would be able to draw aimlessly for a few hours but I couldn't stop thinking. I had developed a headache from just sitting and doing nothing. My brain was overheating.

The bedroom had become almost completely dark before I decided to get up for a pill. My head was killing me. I walked barefoot to the kitchen, flinching when my foot touched the hardwood floor. It seemed like the rest of the apartment was freezing, or maybe I just hadn't noticed the cold. Who knows?

The kitchen was even darker than my room, so I flicked the light on. I was glad that there wasn't a mess. There were no dirty dishes or anything out of place.

I quickly took the pill, running to get back to bed. My body was covered in goosebumps from the cold. As soon as I got to bed, I got bored and annoyed again. I stood up quickly before I got too comfortable to get up.

Deciding to take a shower, I got some clothes and a towel before rushing into the bathroom.

• • •

After I got out of the shower, I tidied up the mess that had accumulated on my bed. I tried to lay down, maybe take a nap but the towel on my hair prevented it. My brain was still a mess but I had a sliver of hope that I would be able to do something productive. I began to look to all corners of my room, trying to find something to do. My gaze landed on my bag. I had thrown it onto the floor the second I entered the room. I wasn't in the mood to do anything after I left Levi's.

I got up off the bed, this time stepping into my slippers to avoid the cold floor. The bag was leaning against the white wall, half of it's contents on the floor. I picked up, clutching it in my arms as I sat down on the small light blue couch I had. It was the only thing that had been left in the apartment after the last people moved out. I new it was pretty old but it was really pretty so I kept it. Of course, I was a little disgusted about using it at first so I had it cleaned and fixed and now it's in my room. I had forgotten how comfy it actually was. It was usually unusable due to the piles of clothing and things piled on the thing.

I pulled my laptop from the bag, my phone toppling out onto my lap. I had forgotten that I had left it in there. The screen came to life as I pressed the on button, two missed calls from Levi. I was always leaving it on vibrate and never knew when it actually rang.

Placing the phone next to me on the couch, I placed the laptop on my lap. It felt cold even through my pajamas. The screen woke up as soon as I opened it. There was a game of chess open and I laughed to myself. I had gotten some free time in class. Clicking out of the application, I opened up notes to look at the syllabus for this week. My professors were always sure to be well organized and I really liked that about my clases. They always followed the plans so there was never any surprises. I checked on what I needed to do for my creative writing class. It was probably my favorite class, in second would probably be fictional writing.

I looked at the list of assignments:

~ write a short story about a girl trapped on the moon

     (Don't mind gravity or any other laws of physics)

     (Do whatever you want.)

~ write a story about anything that comes to mind

     (Only one rule; the story must contain at least one supernatural being.)

~ write a story that includes dinosaurs

     (Only two characters)

I really wasn't sure which one to do first, I just really needed a distraction and maybe this could be it. After a while of contemplating, I chose the first one. Grabbing my earbuds from my bag, I plugged them into my laptop and pressed shuffle.

Fallingforyou - The 1975, started flashing on the screen.

I tried my best to stay concentrated as I opened a new document and began to write.

• • •

Outer Space

A girl, trapped and confused, looked around. She awoke only moments before. Her surroundings were unknown and unfamiliar. She tried to make sense of where she was but she couldn't think straight. It wasn't until she looked up that she realized that she was no longer where she was supposed to be. The Earth was floating in the far distance, remaining frozen still along with the stars that surrounded it. Her first instinct was to gasp. How could she possibly have ended up so far away from home?

Looking down at her feet, her thoughts were confirmed. She was on the moon. The dusty grey surface was recognizable from the pictures. She had always been fascinated with outer space and all of it contained. Her next reaction was to smile. She lifted up her arm, feeling it lighter than usual. Something came into her view, a few inches from her face and she jumped back, fear running through her body. The second both of her feet left solid ground, she started floating a little higher. Laughing, she slowly started returning to the rocky surface, realizing that her hair was what she had seen. It was hovering around her head, the movement similar to being underwater.

She began to lift her feet, with the attention of walking around. Her smile was evident as she noticed the dramatic change of the simple act. Her legs would start floating around as if she had absolutely no control. In an act of braveness, she gathered up strength, pushing herself off of the surface. The feeling was indescribable, she felt lighter than air. She danced, twirling and spinning in the air before landing gracefully back on the ground.

In the distance, she spotted a large crater. Her first instinct was to start jumping towards it. She had fell in love with the feeling floating. Her mind was describing it as swimming in the air. Finally arriving at the crater, she gaped at how massive it was. They just looked like little specks from Earth, but actually being there made her see that was not the case. Still smiling, she got to the edge, then jumped. It could be described as diving without water. She did a flip in the air right before she was about to land.

Once on the ground, something changed. The rocks started shaking and the ground underneath her was starting to move. She tried desperately to keep herself composed, but then came the ringing. A loud ringing that was coming from no where. She looked up, a large boulder had been shaken out of place, it had started tumbling towards her at a startling speed. She tried to jump up to avoid it, her feet stayed planted to the shaking ground. The rock was getting closer, all she could do was brace herself. She put her hands in front of her, trying to block the rock. A few more feet and it would crush her. A few inches...

Her eyes shot open. Her heart was beating at a fast pace. She was scared, but she was home. She was in her room. The alarm was going off. She was safe. Even though she was terribly frightened by her dream. She still had a smile on her face.

• • •

Satisfied with the story, I quickly saved the work and shut my computer. I grabbed my phone, the screen turned on. I couldn't help the gasp that escaped my lips when I saw the time. It was ten till midnight. I hadn't realized I had spent so much time writing.

I quickly got ready for bed. Only realizing when I turned off the lights, that I hadn't eaten anything. I ignored the though, since I wasn't really hungry, and got under the warm covers.

As soon as I shut my eyes, Kyle came back to mind. Luckily I was able to push the thought of him away for enough time to let me fall asleep.

He was gone from my mind, the only thing remaining was images of a girl floating around on the moon with the biggest smile on her face.