Chapter 10

I hate everyday of the week that is not Friday. It's Thursday, which means the week is almost over but there is still around 24 hours until then. Kyle and I are hurrying to finish cleaning this place up. I guess there's a huge test in an advanced class today so everybody was in here yesterday studying and of course, the people on the last shift yesterday, decided that they were to busy to clean up half of the mess.

Kyle was furious when we walked in and he saw the multiple books lying all over the place. The counters were sticky with spilled drinks and the floors were a mess of papers, books, napkins and pencils.

"I hate people." Kyle kept muttering under his breath, I laughed every time.

"Can you help me with these books Kyle?" I had stacked four rows of at least six books each, and they were pretty big books too. Stupid advanced classes.

"Yeah, of course." Kyle threw the towel he was using to clean the counter over his shoulder and walked over to me. I grabbed a stack, but when it was too heavy, I took two books off. Kyle grabbed the whole stack and we carefully walked up the stairs.

When we got up, we placed the books on a cart that was meant for putting books away. I really wished that this place had an elevator, it would be so helpful.

"I'm so going to report this." Kyle sighs, he runs his hands through his blonde hair.

"To who? The school?" I hide my smile by turning around.

"Yeah. They can't let this stand. I won't let this stand." He was so serious and that made this even more hilarious.

"Sure you won't." I didn't look at him, instead I looked at the books we had just set down. All were books about physics and advanced science. They were all horribly big books.

"What?" Kyle questioned.

"Nothing, you just always say things like that. But of course you never do them." I looked at him finally. I couldn't hide my smile anymore so I just showed it to him.

"I will this time." He pointed a ring covered finger at me.

"I believe you." I smiled along.

"Stop it." Kyle was trying not to smile but it was peaking through. The sides of his pink lips started twitching upward. He stepped closer to me, slowly.

"Stop what?" I questioned, tilting my head to the side. My smile was so wide it was almost hurting my face.

"Smiling like that." His half smile looked more like a smirk. I tried to stop the laugh that was about to escape my lips by looking behind him at the book covered walls. Multiple books had been pulled out and were hanging onto the shelf by a thread. I quickly glanced back at Kyle who's smile had almost completely broke out.

"What, why?" I responded.

"Your mocking me." He stepped closer. I tried to back away but the book cart was behind me.

"Am not."

"Are so." Kyle was basically an inch away from me.

"Am not." I repeated.

"You are too cute." His smile broke out and he looked too cute.

"Yeah, well." I placed my hands on his shoulders, trying to push him away but he wouldn't budge. I was still smiling, so was he.

Kyle smirked and tried to lean into me, I quickly placed my hand over his mouth. I could feel his puckered lips in my palm and I laughed silently.

"Nope." It was my turn to smirk. He stared at me with his bright green eyes, my hand still covering his mouth, muffling his words.

"What, why?" He pouted in my hand.