Chapter 8: Travel

Ringing in my ears and the faint pounding of my head wakes me up. Lowly groaning, I put myself into a sitting position before stepping beside the remnants from my drunk mistake. Shards still sit near my feet, so I clear them up gently with my fingertips and set them in the trash can. I snatch my phone to check the time.
10:27 am
If the boys still haven't found me, it'll most likely be a little while. Sam seemed to be pretty confident in getting here soon though... Oh well. Feet lazily taking me to the bathroom, I look past the grime on the faded yellow tiles and hop into the shower. Warm yet metallic smelling water cascades down my bare shoulders after I undress. I revel in the feeling, layers of sweat and tiredness evaporate into nothing. I find myself later standing in cold water, the bubbles from my shampoo sliding down the drain. Turning off the tap, I get out and dry myself, then dress in a simple shirt and some jeans. A short burst of knocking comes from the main room. My body forces me to hop awkwardly towards the door, putting on my socks.
I answer it.
"Oh my god, finally it's you."
Dean says when he invites himself in. Sam follows timidly behind him whispering a genuine sorry. Dean sits on an arm chair and Sam relaxes on the bed when I roll my eyes.
"What have you guys been up to?"
"Oh you know, looking in random motels all across the city looking for a girl with E/C eyes, and H/L H/C hair... Other than that, we've been hunting the usual stuff like vamps and werewolves. We tried your chatting tactic, surprisingly it didn't work to well for us..."
Dean says, ending with a laugh. I join, then reply.
"Well, I just kinda make them feel guilty and miserable... Usually works."
All three of us laugh now.
"Anyways, what have you been doing?"
Sam asks. Walking slowly to the bed I sit next to him and cough.
"Well, you know. Hunting and all that, if you can call it hunting. Pirated some more movies, met people, that kind of stuff. Not too difficult."
I leave out the part about my agony over the long amount of time. It doesn't seem like the right situation to tell them, or if there ever will be a right one.
"Anything else? Oh, did you ever find out what you had?"
Sam says. I pause before replying.
"Not really, and I think I was just really dizzy, it went away the next day. I'm good now though."
"Nice. Look, we are really  sorry for the way we acted that morning..."
The boys look at each other guiltily, then back to me. A response, right.
"Uh... It's fine. You didn't mean it."
There is a moment of silence between the three of us. I feel the pounding hiding in my head. I look at Sam and into his eyes, him doing the same to me, apologizing without uttering a word. It almost seems like we are the only two people in the world, up until-
"Are you two just going to keep undressing each other with your eyes or do you actually want to do something interesting?"
Dean breaks our staring competition, both of us giving our heads a small shake and then looking around the room. I go look at some pamphlets on the table.
"Anything in here look fun?"
I toss a handful of the papers towards the Winchesters, then look through my own. One of the brothers puts theirs to the side and stands up, before being followed by the other. I turn to see the two of them only about three feet away from me. Sam nudges his brother with his elbow, and then listens to Dean mutter 'fine' to himself.
"Do you want to go for a drive..."
He says, almost recoiling at the sentence. I know I don't want to stay in this town much longer, so I nod.
"I actually want to leave. Could I just get my stuff and follow you in my car for a bit until we get to someplace with things we want to do, or a hunt comes up? I... Really could use a change of scenery."
Sam contemplates this, but Dean walks out the door with a,
"Fine by me."
"Well, I'm going to get all my stuff together, are you going outside with your brother?"
I question Sam, moving to the bathroom, picking up my hairbrush and toothbrush.
"No, I can't help you get your things. If you want me to, that is."
"Alright, help sounds cool. I've got some clothes over in the corner, if you could throw that onto my bed while I put these in my bag-"
I show him the items I'm holding.
"- that would be great."
"Alright."
He shuffles towards my clothing, and I set my things in the bag closest to me. Sam is still gathering my shirts and random bottoms. My eyes follow his movements, and my mouth hangs ajar a little when he pulls off his flannel and puts it over his shoulder, his back muscles showing through his t-shirt. Clothing in hand he looks to me.
"Is it just me, or is it really hot in here?"
He says, scowling while glancing around. When he places the clothes down, I take a deep breath and purse my lips.
"I think that it may just be you."
He mumbles something while scratching his arm absently. I walk over to where he put my things down, and snatch them up, setting them in the other bag. Zipping both of them up, I put them on my shoulders and adjust.
The temperature is seeming to rise.
"It is getting hot in here... I think we should go."
"Okay, so you have everything you need to head out? Travel I guess?"
"Mhmm."
We jog out of the room, and shut the door behind us, and get into our respective cars. Dean pulls up next to me and Sam rolls his window down.
"Anywhere specific you want to go?"
He asks over the soft purr of the two cars. I shrug my shoulders.
"Doesn't matter to me, just anywhere other than here. I'm following you."
Sam looks to Dean.
"She says anywhere but here. Got anything in mind?"
He scans the road in thought, then returns his mind back to the two of us.
"I'll find somewhere. Let's go."
The three of us pull out, and get on to the road. Maybe 20 minutes later, I get a call on my phone. It's Sam.
"Hey. Bored of talking to Dean?"
"Little bit. Can I ask you something?"
"Sure."
"Why were you looking at me in the motel room?"
I gulp deeply. He had noticed? Had he seen me looking at him last month?
"Hey are you still there?"
I shake my head and focus on the road, moving the wheel so that I and no longer veering into the other lane.
"I'm here. I was just uh, wondering what you were doing. I was only confused..."
"Hm. Okay well you wanna talk while we drive?"
"That's sounds nice. I might be a little awkward though, I suck at talking and driving."
I hear him chuckle over the line.
"It's alright. It'll give us something to do."
"Yeah."
I smile.