Chapter 5: Relax

Special thanks to Sleepless_Killer  for leaving a really awesome comment on the last part!

"There's no way Dean did that!"
I say, clutching my side, laughing along with Sam. He brushes the hair from his face with a quick swipe, and slows his breathing.
"He did, I swear! Right in front of the class! Apparently he skipped the detention for it too..."
He chuckles, shaking his head. The two of us look into each other's eyes, and then burst out laughing again. Continuing walking, I look up to see that we are in front of a gas station. Pulling out some money, I glance to Sam.
"Wanna get some snacks?"
Almost as if on cue, his stomach rumbles, and he smiles.
"I guess so."
We laugh shortly again, and then stop right outside the doors. We walk in, and Sam shuffles over to a rack of various chocolate bars, and I go towards a display of different potato chip flavours. Scanning them, I grab two large bags and hold them in one arm. I then take some drinks from a shelf and head to the register. Turning, I see Sam walking briskly to me, a large amount of chocolate in his hands, and a stupid grin on his face. Rolling my eyes, I let him put the food on the counter and the old woman serving us groans, then tells us the price of everything we brought. Pulling out my money again, Sam pushes my hand down, shaking his head. He pulls out a credit card and punches in some numbers on the machine, and then takes everything in one arm, then loops his other arm through mine.
"Shall we go m'lady?"
He says, grinning goofily. Stepping forward, he walks with me.
"We shall!"
Bursting through the door, we jog down the street, shouting the silliest things.
"We must go forth to defeat the dragon and save the princess!"
"The damsel in distress requires our assistance!"
My motel appears from around a corner, and, slowing our pace, we quiet our yelling and stop at my door. I go to grab the key from my pocket, then remember I never locked the door after the brothers picked it. I turn the knob and walk in, Sam on my heels.
Dropping the snacks on a side table, I fix my shirt and look to Sam.
"Wanna find a movie to watch or something?"
He almost gasps.
"I haven't watched a movie in forever!"
I tilt my head to the side and my jaw drops. Closing my mouth, I shake my head and walk outside to my car to grab my bags.
"Mr. Winchester, get ready for the best movie ever."
I retrieve both of my bags, then walk back in and toss them to the bed, rummaging through the larger one. The small booklet of downloaded movies is revealed after shoving aside a pair of shorts that I desperately needed earlier. Showing the booklet to Sam, I flip through it and come to my favourite superhero movie, the name labeled on the disc in sharpie.
"You know that downloading movies is illegal, right?"
He says in a perky tone, smirking. I look up and roll my eyes.
"What isn't illegal when you hunt? Besides, I need some entertainment. I just got into movies a few years ago."
"Hm."
Whispering an 'aw yeah', I put the disc into the DVD player and shove the book back into the bag in which it came from, and drop both of the bags into the corner. Then tossing myself onto the bed, I pat the other side, gesturing to Sam to join me. The movie's intro begins, and he hesitantly lays next to me. About half an hour in, we're devouring snacks, and guzzling drinks. He glances to me with a smile.
"It's really nice to be able to relax once in a while. Most of the time for me, relaxing is taking ten minutes off of research. Nothing like this."
Sam mumbles, hovering his hand over a bag of chips and then taking one.
"It's very calm though."
He finishes, and then begins to nibble on the chip.
"It is really calming, especially when someone is willing to do it with you."
I take his hand in mine, squeezing it gently and releasing it. His eyes widen and then he coughs loudly, and repeatedly. I stifle a laugh and pass him his soda. After almost a minute of taking breaths and drinking, he sets it down again. Sam wipes his mouth and looks to me still trying to hide my laughter.
"That was not funny."
"It really was."
"No, not really."
"Nah, I think it was."
"No."
"Yes!"
"No!"
"No!"
"Yes!"
I cover my mouth and let the movie in the background play a bit, staring at Sam's bewildered expression. With a sigh, he rolls his eyes and turns back to the movie.
"I guess it was a little funny..."
I fist bump the air and he chuckles.
"Let's finish the movie, okay?"
"Yeah."
Hours later as the movie finishes, Sam yawns.
"That was a great, but I'm going to go sleep now..."
He whispers, standing and walking to the couch next to the door. He curls up on it then looks to me.
"Thank you for letting me stay here."
My face turns a gentle shade of pink, and I reply softly.
"It isn't a problem at all. Do you want a blanket or anything?"
He shakes his head, long hair falling around his cheeks.
"I'm okay. Goodnight."
"Night."
No more than a few moments later, light snores are coming from his form. I lay awake, staring at the ceiling. I attempt to close my eyes, but gory images flash before them. Blood. Pain. Torture. Death. I feel the air entering my body slow, and I grab a pillow next to me. All the memories I have haven't impacted me this much in a long time, and I think back to last night where my dreams were duller. Calm before the storm, I suppose. Shutting my eyes tightly, more visions attack me, and I open my eyes again. With a sigh, I continue the process until I slip past the pictures and fall into a deep sleep.