Chapter 4: Protection

Sam nods, as does Dean, and the two men stand up.
"Let's go... I really need another drink."
Dean says, shaking his head sorrowfully. I turn to him.
"Oh, you guys needed help with something, right? What was it?"
"We just wanted you to come outside... We don't need help with anything."
Sam says, opening the door and gesturing for me to exit. Smiling, I thank him and walk out, the brothers steps behind. My grin widens when I see the dark car in all its glory. Hand gliding across the door, I slowly rest it on the passenger side handle.
They're inviting me to the bar, I might as well let them have shotgun.
I think, and I bring my hand to the backseat's handle, and I let myself into the car, and sigh at the memories they have created. A rough SW and an even worse DW are carved into the side, and I let my mind wander to when they may have done that. A sharp slam of the driver's side door and the low purr of an engine pulls me away from my thoughts, and I lean back into the rough seat that has seen too much pain and agony, and not enough love. We pull out of the parking lot and for the first time, I read the actual name of my motel.
Crest Motel.
Dean's rough hand slides an old cassette tape in, and begins to sing at the top of his lungs, tapping on the wheel with his fingers.
"Say your prayers little one, don't forget my son, to include everyone!!"
Dean shouts off key and crackly. I recognize the song as one my friend used to listen to, and I continue the lyrics quietly.
"I tuck you in, warm within. Keep you free from sin; 'till the sandman he comes..."
Dean turns his head for a second to smile at me, then looks back to the road.
"You like Metallica?"
He says, surprise and confusion in his voice.
"Somebody I knew a long time ago listened to them 24/7, so it was kinda required to know at least some of their songs. They're pretty talented."
He chuckles, and now Sam looks back to me from the front seat.
"I'm pretty sure you just got on Dean's good side."
He comments, grinning. He then nods to Dean, who is still singing absurdly loud. A few songs later, we arrive at a small tavern, and we pull into an open spot. I get out of the car and fix my ponytail, then wait for the boys to join me. Dean comes first, still nodding his head along to the last song we listened to, then comes Sam, ducking a great distance so he doesn't hit his head. The three of us soon enter the building, and Dean gives Sam and I a two fingered salute as he strolls over to a blonde woman in the corner. Sam sighs, and lays his hand on my forearm, guiding me to the bar. We sit down, and with a gesture, the bartender sets down a couple bottles of beer in front of us. He opens them, and leaves to continue working on somebody else's drink. I bring a bottle to my lips, and take a large sip, then set it down again. Sam does the same, and then swivels to look at me.
"So where are you from originally?"
I hesitate. He seems to notice and purses his lips.
"Is something wrong..?"
"No, no it's alright. I just have a lot of really bad memories about where I'm from and it... It hurts to talk about it."
He frowns, and sets his large hand on my knee.
"I'm sorry, I didn't know. Can you tell me something about your family then? Your childhood?"
He removes his hand and I sigh. I take another sip.
"When I was... Younger, I kept to myself most of the time. I didn't really get along well with my siblings and my dad was never around, so it was usually just us kids. We fought almost everyday, and one day when I was about uh, 15, I gave up. I left them. I ended up finding the amazing people I stayed with for almost 6 years and I was accepted as a part of their family. That was until the demon got them. I'm on my own now, hoping that somehow by getting rid of all these horrible things in the world, I may avenge them."
By the end there is a single salty tear falling down my cheek, and I have another long swig from the bottle. I now notice that Sam has my hand in his, and he is stroking my wrist with his thumb. He seems unaware too as we pull apart suddenly. He coughs.
"Uh... I'll be right back."
He mumbles, and he stands up, leaving his beer and walking to the bathroom. I drop my head and drink a little more, taking my hair out and running my fingers through it.
I scared him off. Great.
I think. I finish my drink and let the bartender take it. I fish out my phone, and notice we've been here for a little under an hour, though it feels like we just arrived. Sam isn't back yet, and there isn't anything major happening. Sure, the TV in the corner is showing some sport, but I'm not too interested. I stand up, and go to where I saw Dean with the woman, to ask if I could sit in the car, but when I get there, they seem to be... Busy. The woman is straddling Dean, him leaning against the soft cushioning behind them in the booth. Her skirt is riding up, Dean's hands on the upper part of her thighs, keeping it that way. They're kissing each other passionately, and I decide to leave them alone and go back to my place at the bar. I go back to staring blankly at my phone, but I wrinkle my nose when an extremely strong scent of alcohol drifts around me. I look back, and a man stands there, wobbling on his own feet. His scraggly beard is matted down, and I scoot back.
"Can I help you, sir?"
I say, shrinking back a bit.
"Y-youu sure can my lady my pretty ladyyy...!"
He slurs, bringing coming closer.
"Sir, please leave me alone.."
"Youuuu'reee pretty you wanna come with mee?"
He reaches towards me, and I pull back my fist, ready to hit, but an arm wraps around my waist before I can proceed. I  look back, and there is Sam, a furious scowl upon his face.
"You should leave her alone."
He threatens, staring daggers into the man. The man's eyes widen, and he stumbles backwards, pushing the door open and jogging lopsidedly outside. Sam exhales, and removes his arm from me, turning me to face him.
"Are you okay?I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have left you.. I'm so so sorry."
"Sam, I'm fine... Don't worry about me. But thank you for the protection."
I say, and I go up to my tiptoes slightly, and I press my lips to his soft cheek, and smile. He grins, and brings his fingers to the spot I kissed, laughing.
"You're welcome, so... I guess we should go now. I'll just get Dean and-"
At this point, Dean walks past us with the blonde, and enters the impala with her.
"- Or not. Uh, I don't think I'll be able to go back to the motel tonight. Would you mind if I... Stayed with you? I'll sleep on the couch."
Sam says to me with pleading eyes. I look down to the floor and twirl a piece of hair between my fingers, then look back to him with a bright smile.
"Definitely. Let's get going."
We turn and walk out.