The Date

Fionna's POV 

My eyes widened the kiss felt... nice. I heard foot steps and apparently he did too. He let go of the kiss and turned invisible. 

"Hello, Fionna."

"Hey gumball."

"You ready for our date?"

"Oh um yeah." I suddenly didn't want to go on the date. I kind of wanted to be with Marshal... I pushed that to the back of my mind. "Let's go." I faked a smile

"Great lets go!" he sounded genuinely excited which made me feel kind of bad. But I shook it off and followed him. He was carrying a picnic basket that was so stuffed that it didn't close right. after a while of walking we got where we needed to be. 

"Here it is."

"Wow Gumball, it's nice here."

"Only the best for this special day." he had this huge grin on his face.

"Um okay." We sat down and ate lunch and talked. He suddenly started to sweat a little. 

"Um Fionna, there's something I need to do."

I sat up a little bit. "What?" He leaned over. He was about to kiss me. I would've liked this a few years ago but not today.

"No Gumball." He pretended as if he didn't hear me and leaned forward some more. I stood up and ran away. I know that I should've said something but he wouldn't have listened and just kissed me. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Marshal's POV

I was strumming my bass think about the kiss when I heard a knock at the door. I got up and floated to the door. When I opened the door there was Fionna she looked tired like she ran the whole way here.

"Are you okay?" 

"Yeah." she said catching her breath

"Come on in" I floated away towards the couch. She walked in and closed the door behind her.

''I have something to tell you."

"What?"

"Gumball likes me or something he tried to kiss me."

Anger filled me. "He... WHAT?!" I said through clenched teeth

"He leaned in to kiss me. I said no but he didn't listen so I got up and ran here."

"So you didn't kiss him?"

"No, I honestly don't like him anymore."

After she said that I suddenly felt better. I still wanted to kick Gumball's pink ass.

"That reminds me," she continued, "you kissed me. Why?"

I didn't know what to say. I wanted to say how I felt. How I love her and how I have since the day we met. "I....." I wanted to say it badly now but something held me back.

Fionna's POV*

There was a moment of awkward silence I studied his face, he was keeping something in.

"Marshal, do you like me... that way?"

Another silence. It was about three minutes before he finally answered.

"Y..Yes."

I blushed a little bit. Marshal Lee, vampire king.... liked me.

A.N: Sorry for the crappy and kind of short chapter! I hope you at least kind of liked it! Please comment to tell me what you thought. Thanks for reading and I'll update soon!