Chapter Four

"Which way?", I asked him, crossing my arms over my chest. "That way.", he said as he pointed west to another copse of trees. "There? You sure? Because we just came out that way?"

"Uhh. I mean east!", he changed quickly. "You have no idea where you're going, do you?", I said as I tapped my foot impatiently on the ground. "I should have expected this. You're just another pretty boy that won't last a week on his own.", I retorted.

"Pshh...ridiculous.", he muttered. "If I'm to go with you, I must know you're name.", I said to him. He nodded. "
Carson. And yours?"

"Jovey.", I replied to him. "Nice name.", he said as he pointed east. "That way.", he said, and I did not question him.

We walked briskly until I saw the trees become darker and spaced closer together.

This is the dark forest. I thought to myself. "Why were you here?", I asked. "Where?", he asked. "The dark forest. Only idiots go here, you know, when they're looking for trouble."

"You're a smart girl.", he said. "You still haven't answered my question.", I replied. "Listen, I'm a sorry moron, ok? I messed up and now I'm here.",

"How'd you mess up?", I asked him. "I signed up for something I shouldn't have. I realized it was bad, so I backed out. Now, they hate me and have been hunting me down ever since. It's really not safe with me, but I couldn't care less what happens to you.", he retorted.

"And yet you insisted that I travel with you.", I argued. "Fair point.", he said as he pointed at me.

We continued to walk until the forest became pitch black. Before we knew it, two people were holding our hands behind our backs and barking orders at us. "Son of a biscuit!", I heard Carson say. I rolled my eyes and we were pushed out of the forest and to the clearing. The men set us down and tied us to trees.

"If you haven't lost all of your wits, you know that we are taking you two to Dragon School.", said one of the men. "Well I'm not stupid. Don't know about him.", I said nonchalantly as I pointed at Carson.

Carson turned to me, offended. "What?", I said to him. "It's not like you can argue.", I continued. "Whatever. Is there anything I can do to get away from you?", Carson asked.

"The girl was right!", exclaimed one of the men. "He has lost his wits!"

The men laughed loudly while Carson sat scowling at them. "You'll test in the morning. Drink this!", they ordered. We reluctantly took the drink and sipped it cautiously. It tasted of what seemed almost like stomach acid and gasoline. We choked on the concoction until one of us, me, turned our heads and vomited on the ground.

"Night, night!", said one of the men. And then my whole world went black. My vision spiraled into a dark abyss and I went limp.

A/N: Well, they're in quite a pickle, I must stay!

 It's not a pickle, but it's a pepper!Don't forget to vote and comment! Bye!

Don't forget to vote and comment! Bye!