Chapter Three

Knots tied in my stomach. I began to prespire. My body was filled with adrenaline. Before I could think, my legs pumped me off of the ground and to the forest beyond. They began to chase after me with amazing speed, but I was still faster.

I trapped myself in another nearby clearing, but clambered up the tall trees. They continued after me and grabbed my ankle. I kicked the head of the woman pulling me down, and with a loud screech, she let go.

I raced up the tree until I could go no more. I looked up at the clouds. I could almost touch them. Quickly, I remembered that I was being chased. A man popped his head up from the leaves. "Go with us, or die!", he commanded.

"Neither!", I said as I jumped off of the tree. I thought that I would just land onto the grass, but as I looked down, I saw that I was headed for a cliff. When I reached it, I put my hand on to the rock. My body swung inward, hitting the rocks below. My hand burned as blood trickled from my palm. I clutched the bare rock, blood streaking the surface as my hand moved it to find something to pull me up.

Suddenly, I stopped when I heard loud footsteps coming towards me. I froze. I couldn't trust anyone.

A boy about my age looked down on me. He had short blonde hair that was swept back carelessly. His blue eyes were peircing but contrasted with his dark brown shirt and leather vest. He wore jeans and combat boots that laced up tightly against his feet.

He looked at me, befuddled. "Don't just stand there! Help me, you fool!", I cried out to him. "Hey! I'm not the one hanging off the edge of a cliff!", he argued. I rolled my eyes. "Just help me!", I yelled desperately.

He crossed his arms. "I don't know. You see, if you said one simple word...then I may help you."

I let out a breath of exasperation. "Please!", my fingers were slipping and I couldn't hold on much longer. Right as I slipped off of the cliff a large gasp escaped my mouth and he wrapped his hand around my arm and pulled me up. Right as he saw the blood on his hand that had come from my wound, he let go of me.

"Ugh!", he said, disgusted. I groaned as I pulled myself up onto the cliff. "Seriously?", I stared at him with distaste.

"Hey! You see this dirty look? Yeah, this costs money! I can't just stick my hands in dirt and make myself look manly!"

"Manly? Far from it! If you can't stand the sight of blood, then your "man card" is revoked!", I said to him. He laughed but I interrupted him. "I'm not joking."

A sad look crossed his face. "What are you doing here?", I asked.

"What else? Running from Dragon School, like you.", he replied. "How'd you know?",I asked him.

"You don't think that I didn't see you fall from that tree? You looked pretty ridiculous flailing your arms like that.", he sat down and put his hands on his knees.

"We should probably keep going if we don't want to get caught.", he whispered. "We? No. I'm going by myself.", I exclaimed, confused. "Do you really think that you can defend yourself? And with that hand? I mean, come on!"

I sneered at him. "Fine. If you can punch me in the stomach, and it hurts, you can go alone.", he wagered. I smiled, satisfied.

I walked up to him and punched as hard as I could but he didn't flinch. "Sorry, girly! Gotta go with me!"

"Ha, ha.", I said mockingly.

A/N: How'd you like the new character? I'd say he's pretty similar to me.

Don't forget the vote and comment! Bye!