H for Hartley Chapter 19

Heyoh! Update time!

Sorry it's a bit late, but at least it's something right? I hope you guys enjoy :)

This chapter is dedicated to 3lovestory3 because when I asked for votes, she gave me votes. When I asked for feedback, she gave me feedback. THANK YOU! :)

P.S Do you like Violet's missing poster? It's pretty sad I think :'( Please note that this is a FICTIONAL character, therefore no one is really missing.

Just saying haha. :) ONWARDS :)

________________________________________________________________________

VIOLET JOHNSTON: MISSING. 

17 YEARS OLD, DISAPPEARED LAST NIGHT AFTER A LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL PROM. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION OR WHEREABOUTS OF MISS JOHNSTON, PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.

That was the poster that greeted me in the morning. 

I felt guilty as everyone talked about her, because I knew I was the one to blame. Why you ask? Because if I wasn't what I am, -a vampire- and if I had not moved here to England to then have Hector arrive, then this would have never happened. 

She would be healthy and safe right now. 

Phillip said this would happen. He said that Hector might track Violet, and that was why we weren't suppose to see her again.  

But then we apologised. 

If Phillip is apologising to a human out of his own free will, then he must care about them. He feeds on them everyday and knows the risks of being friends. It has to be someone special. 

I sighed and put my hand through my hair as I lay on my bed. I wonder what Violet is doing right now? Was Hector hurting her? 

No, I couldn't bear to think about it. I cared about Violet too, and I thought I might as well admit it while I'm trying to find her. It is incredibly tough...but maybe I'd let it in...eventually... 

And imagine I saved Violet from a house fire when she was a baby? How could I have not have known about that? How could I have not remembered her eyes? Those very definite, strong, violet eyes? 

I would of saved her parents...but I had already brought enough attention to myself. I don't even know what had came over me when I decided to help this child. I didn't know her. I didn't know her parents. 

But maybe...I knew I'd meet her when I was older? Maybe...that's why I came here? To England? Because of...her? 

I closed my eyes. Insane. That kind of stuff only happens in the movies. 

I heard a knock on my door, and I flinched. Me? Flinching? Something is definitely up. 

"Come in," I muttered and jumped off the bed. 

"Little grumpy today?" Rebecca asked as she shut the door behind her. 

"Hey!" someone screamed from through the door. We both looked at the floor and found a foot wedged into the doorway. 

Phillip pushed the door open and scowled at Rebecca. "Did you forget I was here or something? Geez." He shook his -probably throbbing- foot and flopped onto my bed. 

"What are you two doing here?" I asked, "It's a saturday. Shouldn't you-" I looked at Phillip, "be out hunting? While you-" I looked at Rebecca, "finding out more about Hector?" 

"Someone is a little grumpy today." Rebecca smiled a little. 

"Yeah everything's fine," I said sarcastically, "we just have a human kidnapped because of us and a possible death. Not to mention the police are everywhere."