H for Hartley: Chapter 17

HUZZAH! Update time!

I think you guys will like this one! :)

And I have a new story! Some of you might have already read it, it's called "Only Kyle".

IT'S NO.29 IN PARANORMAL! IT WAS NO.26 BUT OH WELL! woop lol :)

Thank guys to whoever has read it or voted for it so far! If the rest of you guys wouldn't mind, could you give me some feedback on it? Just click on the external link to view it -->

And this story has almost 1,000 reads!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Phillip, Violet and James ---->

ONTO THE NEW CHAPTER! :D

________________________________________________________________________

"Can I come over to your house soon?" Sarah asked me, opening one of the exits of the school.

I raised an eyebrow. "You know you always can, Sarah. Why do you feel like you need to ask?"

"I don't know. I guess...I just think we haven't done anything for a while. Like really together." she said quietly.

I sighed sadly. "I'm sorry you feel that way, Sarah but sure, I was thinking the same thing. We should do something, and soon. I think we both need it."

"Yeah," she almost snorted, "We've both been so caught up in James Hartley and finding stuff about Rebecca...we deserve a break from being the next mission impossible."

I chuckled. It was the first time today I had really smiled, and I was shocked. It felt weird to smile today. It just didn't fit...I was so depressed.

I had lost Phillip today, and who knows, maybe I've already lost James too. He wasn't at school at all today, so he didn't hear my apology. It felt weird also not having him in school, he was...the day. The drama. My every thought.

Sarah was right, I needed some time just to have friend time. I needed it now more than ever... I needed a break from James.

We walked out of the school and across to the car park, when I heard my name being called.

"Violet!"

I turned around to see where the voice was coming from, and stopped dead when I did see it.

It was him.

James walked closer to me, and I felt my heart rate quicken. Maybe I wasn't off the hook yet. What was he even doing here? School was done!

His eyes looked a little dull, and his face seemed a little grey. Was he still upset at me? God, I hope not. I don't want to lose him.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" He asked, looking slightly at Sarah and then back to me.

I blinked, slightly taken aback by his offer, and looked at Sarah as well. She smiled and nodded encouragingly.

I turned back to James, a wash of worry flushing over me. "O-Ok," I stuttered in reply.

He nodded a little, and motioned me to follow him as he turned his back on me. I quickly jogged up to him, finding it hard to keep up with his pace, and looked behind me to Sarah.

She winked, and gave me a big thumbs up as she pointed between James and I. I tried to shake my head and tell her no, but she continued.

I sighed and turned around to James, walking side by side with him.

I looked at him confused, but he kept his gaze straight ahead of him. It was almost like he didn't notice me even when I was right beside him.

He had lead me round to a small garden part of the school in the front entrance, where there was a few seats and tables. It was generally quiet here.