H for Hartley Chapter 18

Update! I nearly didn't update today...but I pushed through and finished this chapter!

This chapter is dedicated to rocknroll888 for the awesome H for Hartley book cover to the right! Thanks again!

:D

So this chapter is Prom...and you wouldn't want to be Violet in this one... *hint* *hint*

Go on and read to find out why!

Rebecca in her Prom dress below my awesome banner :)

____________________________________________________________________________

Prom was definitely something like a movie. It had plot twists, romance, and action...

Do you want me to tell you what happened? Ok, sure, I've got time. You'll find out how soon enough.

Well after Phillip and I arrived at prom, I somehow became the centre of attention. It was patronising. It made me feel self conscious and think, 'was I pretty at all in this dress? Was everyone lying when they said I looked good?'

Either or, Phillip and I made our way inside. If the car park was practically gawking at me, what was I going to do when everyone inside saw me?

All the time Phillip kept "discreetly" whispering to me, "Cinderella alert...do you think you will lose a shoe tonight?"

I elbowed him in the stomach occasionally.

But we headed inside and it was just as bad as I expected. It was like hawk eyes. How could they even see me in this lighting?! I looked around at all the people staring at me under disco lights. The gym had been transformed into a ballroom, with streamers and balloons draped over everything. The room had a blue sea feeling to it when everything was lit. The dance floor in the centre of room was under a large spinning disco ball, and couples danced to various songs.

If I was dancing at all, it would be slow dancing. No fast music or anything. Waltzing was ok if the other person knew how to do it, but nothing else.

"I think some people are getting a little jealous," Phillip teased as he pointed over to couples. Girls were sending me glares while some of the guys, to put it bluntly, were drooling. It was quite disgusting.

"Probably because of you," I said quickly to try and avoid more attention to myself.

He knew what I was doing but shrugged anyway. "Probably."

I chuckled at him as his face suddenly became amused. "Looky looky over there." he pointed.

I followed his finger and saw probably the most handsome looking boy on earth.

Of course it was James. I had a crush on him for Pete's sake! Who else would it be? Phillip?

James was looking incredibly dashing and handsome in his tux, it showed his slim waist and muscular chest like Phillip's. And he must of had the most beautiful girl on his arm.

Rebecca was looking stunning. What I was looking at right now was my definition of beautiful. Not me. She was wearing a long blue silk dress, with two medium width shoulder straps and a sparkling top from the waist up. Her beautiful soft blonde hair was tied up, and it showed her pale slender neck and soft looking bare shoulders. A princess in disguise.

"Rebecca looks beautiful," I sighed admiringly.

"Not as beautiful as you, Violet." Phillip said gently and I smiled at him thankfully. Always the gentleman.

Rebecca spotted us and began walking over to us, James a little behind her with his hands in his pockets.

"Hi Violet," She smiled, "you look beautiful."