Chapter 16

Song: I Wanna Fly by Trevor Moran

Every thing had been cleaned up. I made the bed. I cleaned up breakfast. And now that everything was cleaned, my job was done. I grabbed a towel, a razor, and a joint. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. Why did Anthony hate me this much? Why would he hurt me as bad as he did? Was it the way I looked? Was it the way I sounded? I lit the joint and took a drag, letting the smoke flow into my lungs. I coughed a bit and sighed. I looked around me in the bathroom. I turned on the bath and sighed. I let that water run warm.

Next, I walked into the office area and wrote a long letter. I threw it over the banister, watching it land right by the front door. I went back to the bathroom and stopped the water. I started to cry, my chest physically hurting from the pain of losing the battle. I looked into the mirror again, red face and all. I yelled out and punched the mirror, breaking the entire thing.

Off came my clothes, down to my boxers. I put my clothes away. I laid the towel down by the tub as if I expected to get out again. I grabbed the razor and drug it across my skin. 1 turned into 2, 2 into 4, 4 into 8, 8 into 16, 16 into 32, 32 into 64 and so on. The water was turning red and I was falling in and out of consciousness. I heard the front door close, "Daddy?" I heard Hailie call out. I began to cry again. I was leaving that sweet little girl behind, like I swore I wouldn't... Before I knew it, I saw her in my peripheral vision. I turned and looked at her. "Daddy? You're hurt?" She asked so sad. She walked across the bathroom to the tub, though I told her to stay where she was. I sighed and nodded. I kissed her head and laid back into the bath.

"Yeah baby... Daddy's hurt... But he loves you, and he wants you to know that forever..." I whispered softly, tears still falling.

"Where are you going daddy?" She asked, confused. I looked into her blue eyes, and I saw that she knew what was going on...

"Daddy's going to sleep... And daddy's going to sleep for a while..." I sighed softly, my vision blurry. "Don't say anything, unless I go to sleep okay?" I whispered softly. She nodded and put her hand on my bloodied hand, hugging it. "Daddy's so sorry princess..." I said before passing out.

Hailie let go of me and went to the phone. She put it on speaker. Anthony heard her call someone. "Hailie? Who are you calling?" He only heard 3 beeps.

"911, what's your emergency?" Anthony's eyes widened as he ran upstairs.

"Hailie! Don't play with the phone like that!" Anthony came up. He stopped to look at her clothes. Blood. The phone had blood on it there was blood showing through her hair and on her face.

"My daddy tried to die..." She said. Anthony gasped and turned to see the bathroom light on. He ran to the bathroom. "And my papa just ran in to see him." She said.

"Oh my God! Ian!" He yelled, pulling my body close to him.

"Okay sweetheart, let your papa know help is on the way. Go open the door for us."

"Ian... Ian, no... You can't die on me!" Anthony cried holding pressure on my wrists, rocking backs and forth.

"Please hurry... Daddy's dying." Hailie said coming back upstairs. "And Papa's sad."