one

justin

i kept my tears welled up as i walked slowly, keeping my head down. out of all days for her to break up with me it had to be on valentine's day. sighing loudly, i cross the street seeing the park that i usually cut through. 

my mind was jumbled up with thoughts about her. we've been together for almost two years and she dumps me over my ex best friend. that's just how cruel she is and she had the audacity to tell me she's been cheating on me with him on the low for almost a month now.

angrily, i groan then dropped the bouquet of roses i had in my hand and sat on the nearest bench. with my head in my hands, i inhaled and exhaled heavily trying to calm down.

"excuse me, you dropped these."

i look up to see a girl with dark skin and an afro. she picked up the roses and smiled while extending her arm toward me. "keep them. happy valentine's day." i mumble.

"it's not happy, you don't seem so happy." she says in a soft voice. "may i sit?"

i shrug, and she sits down, holding the roses in her hand. "if you don't mind me asking, what's wrong?"

"you wouldn't care, we're just a strangers."

"my name is ivory but you can call me ivy. my favorite color is purple, i love to listen to music, any genre and im allergic to cats."

furrowing my eyebrows, i look up at her and she has an optimistic little smile on her face. "my girlfriend just told me she's been cheating on me with my ex best friend for almost a month and she just broke up with me."

"today?"

"yep." i nod, crossing my arms over my chest. all of a sudden, she pulls me into a hug, my head laying on her chest.

"she's an obvious asshole that's for sure." ivory mumbles, rubbing my back. someone yelled her name and she pulled away pouting. "i have to go. maybe i'll see you around."

i just nod. "thank you for the flowers." she kisses my cheek, then jogs off to wherever she was called.

even though i wasn't very happy about this day, that ivory girl sure made it a little more interesting.

----

if this flops i stg