"Stay here and sleep," I insisted. "You're tired."

"Want to come."

"Go back to sleep, love. I'll be back before you wake back up, okay?"

Niall nodded in agreement and snuggled back under the blankets. I pressed a kiss to his forehead before grabbing my keys and exiting my flat. I mindlessly drove to Louis' work to see him waiting for me at the curb, I pulled up and went to turn my car off as he opened the passenger side door. I gave him a puzzled look as he climbed in.

"Hi?" He offered.

"Is there a reason you're having me pick you up about an hour after you're supposed to start working?" I asked as I drove through the parking lot. 

"I um. I was a couple, 20 minutes late and Rob was in a mood and just sent me home," he looked out the window.

"Nice lie. So what really happened?"

Louis huffed out a sigh, "Kyle and I got into it when he dropped me off this morning. Because he stayed the night last night and he needed a car for the day. So I just let him borrow mine because I was already late."

"What was your fight about this time?" 

"You make it sound like we fight all the time," he muttered, a tad defensively.

"Because that is all you, Louis. The only time I've ever seen you guys, you're fighting. Do you know how many times you've slept on my couch because you two fought?" I asked him, looking over at him due to the light that had just turn red.

"No."

"More than you'd care to think about."

"So what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I don't like him. And I'm starting to wonder if you do too."

Louis fell silent after that as he slightly glared out the window and I began to drive toward our flats, "I don't want to go back to my flat."

"Then come to mine."

"We never spend time just me and you anymore."

"Probably because you're always fighting with Kyle."

"No, because you never want to leave the house anymore."

"You can't seriously be blaming Niall?"

"Well-" Louis cut himself off.

"Well what?" I asked but Louis didn't respond. "Well what, Louis?"

"Well maybe I am. You always want to spend time with him instead of me."

"I take care of him! He can barely even talk at the level of a year 1, let alone be left alone."

"I just miss you, okay?" Louis shouted suddenly. "Is that what you wanted to hear? Damn, Liam. You're so dense sometimes."

I was shocked. Louis hadn't really ever expressed emotion to me, he was always just... Louis. Happy, silly Louis. He didn't often show emotions these days. 

"Oh," I murmured as an almost uncomfortable silence fell over the two of us. After a few moments, I broke it, "Do you... Do you want to go out to eat or something?"

Louis looked up at me and a small smile formed on his face, "Yeah."

"Where to then?" 

"How about some breakfast? I'm starving."

"To the tiny little cafe for some muffins!"

Louis thrust his fist in the direction of the cafe and it caused me to laugh. When we got there, we ordered our drinks and some food to go sit at one of the tables in the corner. We talked a little about everything and I didn't realize how much I had missed my best friend. We caught so almost everything we could think to talk about. After we were done in the cafe, Louis decided he wanted some new shoes. So that's where else we went for the day. Two pair of TOMS for Louis and a pair of shoes for Niall and I each, I seemed to realize the time.