Sooner or Later

The plan was simple, well it was to Kyungsoo. He was going to avoid Chanyeol for a few days until he could feel like he could settle all these feelings. Of course, Kai didn't see this as a solution at all. It had been a few days since their private conversation and Kyungsoo had been hanging out with him for the most part. It's not that he doesn't like his company, he likes hanging out with Kyungsoo, but he doesn't approve of why he's doing it.

For example, in the past few days Chanyeol had asked Kyungsoo to hang out with him, but since Kyungsoo was still unable to spend alone time with him because of his feelings, Kai had to step in and make some excuse as to why Kyungsoo couldn't go. He could see the hurt in Chanyeol's eyes, but what was he supposed to do? He promised to help Kyungsoo and he couldn't break it.

He was snapped out of his thoughts by Kyungsoo.

"Kai?"

"Hm."

"Remember when I asked for your help?"

"Yeah," he said. They were currently sitting outside while the others had gone out again.

"You looked as if you had also gone through what I'm going through."

Oh no. Kai knew what he was going to ask. He should have known this day was going to come. He took a deep breath and waited for Kyungsoo to continue.

"Who was it?" Kyungsoo asked. Kai turned his head away from his phone to look at Kyungsoo. He was going to have to confront this sooner or later and he knows that, that time is now.

"Kyungsoo, I decided to help you because I do know what you're going through. I've felt the same way as you. I realized that the person I liked unfortunately didn't feel the same for me," he took a shaky breath as he swallowed the lump in his throat "Kyungsoo that person was you."

Kyungsoo looked at him with a surprised expression. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Why didn't he say something before.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked.

"Because I didn't have the courage and when you told me you liked Chanyeol, I knew that I didn't have a chance-"

"But I could have-"

"You could have what? Tried going out with me? It wouldn't have worked and you know it."

Kyungsoo felt horrible for not noticing the other's feelings. How could he have gone to him with his troubles when Kai was having the very same thing going on. He felt selfish.

"How do you know it wouldn't have worked out?"

Kai turned to look at Kyungsoo fully.

"Can I try something?" he asked him. Kyungsoo nodded. He grabbed Kyungsoo by the chin and brought his face closer to his. He could feel Kyungsoo breath mingle with his.

"Kai what are-" but he was silenced when Kai kissed him.

--
Chanyeol was out shopping, but his mind was on anything but shopping. He was thinking about Kyungsoo's actions lately. He was becoming distant and he didn't know why. Did he do something wrong? Did he piss him off? He doesn't recall doing anything of that sort. He quickly pays for his items and heads back home. As he approaches he can hears two different voices. He recognizes them as Kyungsoo and Kai. He can't make out what they're saying, but he can see that it looks pretty personal. He doesn't want to snoop, but his eyes are glued to the sight in front of him.

He tries to make less noise as possible. He's noticed that they have been spending quite some time with each other and he doesn't want to say he's jealous, but he's jealous. He tries to listen to the conversation, but what he sees next takes the punch. Kai is kissing Kyungsoo. He feels a pang in his chest something he can't quite place and he doesn't want to see this anymore, so he leaves and enters the house through the side door. He has to speak to someone. He pulls his phone out and dials a number. He waits until he hears someone answer the phone.

"Baekhyun?"