Chapter 3 - Try Hard

* a/n - sorry I haven't updated in a while! My computer messed up when I pressed publish and the writing disappeared and I cried 😂 I've quickly rewritten it but it's not as good!

Sorry x*

"Give him a chance."

Ben's words spin around my head as I walk back into my room. I open the door and my eyes fall on a sleeping Derek. Hair tousled, mouth open, pool of drool on the pillow.

I groan and shut the door behind me. I cross my arms across my chest and take in the scene. I've only known him 5 minutes and he's already seen me half naked and he's asleep in my bed.

He works fast.

I have to admit though, he is quite good looking. Even with the slobber dripping out of his mouth. "Fixed everything?" He sleepily asks. I quickly straighten up and remove my gaze from his face.

"Uh," I cough, suddenly feeling very awkward. "Nah, looks like I'm stuck with you."

"Don't worry princess it's just one night." He sleepily responds.

"I don't like being called princess."

"Is it possible to insult one person so much?"

"I didn't think it was but you're doing a pretty good job of it." Derek suddenly opens his eyes fully and looks directly at my face.

"I think we got off on the wrong foot." He says with a sigh. He swings his legs out of bed and stands up. He walks up to me only wearing his boxers and holds out his hand. "I'm Derek Discanio, and you are?"

"Annoyed, nice to meet you."

"I would say the same if it wasn't under the these circumstances." Derek cheekily responds making me snort with laughter.

"Touché. You're funny Discanio, doesn't mean I like you yet."

*

"JAMIE!" A male voice yells. I groan and sit up slightly in my bed. I was busy on Twitter after the conversation I had with Derek but must have fallen asleep soon after. Derek was long gone.

I throw my legs out of bed and walk to my door. I open it and see West with his hands on his waist giving me a very judgemental look. "What?"

"It's 2:30. We're waiting for you downstairs." My eyes shoot open as I remember.

"Sorry!" I yell quickly running back in my room and grabbing several different things in a rush. My keys, my phone, hair bobble and my shoes.

I run out of the room trying to shove my things into a bag and put my shoes on at the same time. Why did I grab high tops and not my slip ons? Would have made my life easier.

I quickly hop after West's disappearing figure. "West wait up!" I yell after him.

"We've waited long enough, the guys from state champs are waiting for us. No scratch that, for you! Even Ben remembered." West complains before getting into the elevator.

I jump in after him rolling my eyes. "I fell asleep, okay?"

"So did I, but I set an alarm."

I groan and concentrate on putting on my shoes. I finish the bow on my left shoe as the doors open up in front of me. West speed walks out leaving me fighting with my right shoe. I successfully pull it on and run after west, careful not to trip on my undone lace.

As we reach the waiting van, I notice the guys and Hayley arguing yet again.

"It's my top, Fil!" Hayley moans.

"Why does it look exactly like my top that went missing then?" Fil asks.

"It's a plain black top, Fil. It's probably going to look the same."

I open the door and slide into the passenger seat, waiting for a comment.

"Ah, look who finally showed up." Fil pipes up making me send a glare his way.

"Sorry, I overslept."

"Have you ever heard of this wonderful device called a phone? It has this thing called an alarm and also get this, if you turn the phone on, people can call you if you're late! Wow, you should try it sometime." Fil says sarcastically.

"Ignore him, he's in a funny mood." Hayley says rolling her eyes before putting the mini bus into gear and driving out of the carpark and towards the venue.

On the way to the venue the boys continued to have a go at my lateness until they got bored and started picking on West.

When we arrive at the venue there was no one around. Hayley pulls into the back of the venue and turns off the van's engine. The boys' fighting ceases when they realise we're here. I get out the mini bus grabbing my bag as I go. "Alright!" Ben shouts. "Time for rehearsals!"

The boys and Hayley walk inside the venue and look around, taking in the vast building, whilst I grab the merch from the boot of the van . "Well, look who finally woke up!" I hear someone cheer from behind, their voice oh so familiar.

I open the boot, not even turning to look at the boy who is really annoying me today. "Why didn't you wake me up if you knew I was going to be late?" I grumble, picking up a large box filled with neck deep jumpers. I turn around and see a smirking Derek.

"Because you looked cute."

"Do I look cute now?" I ask before lifting my hand showing Derek my middle finger.

"Yup." He laughs. I roll my eyes, following in the general direction the boys and Hayley went in. I finally reach the main area where I find State Champs' merch already set up.

I place the box of jumpers down on the opposite booth and turn to go grab the other boxes when I notice a trolley, similar to the one you find in airports, pushing the rest of the boxes towards me. It comes to a halt next to me and Derek pops up from behind. "Thought I'd make up for before."

"Thanks, but it's not that easy." I say opening up the boxes and pulling out the individual jumpers and setting them down on the booth.

"So, if I was to help you set up, you still wouldn't forgive me?" I stop for a second and glance at Derek to see he was serious.

"I would think about it." I smirk. Derek grabs a box from the top of the trolley and starts unloading it.

"I have never worked so hard to get a girl to like me before." Derek mutters, so quietly I doubt I heard it.

But i know I did.

*

A/N - Heyyy, Kayleigh here!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while! As previously explained at the top this chapter deleted itself. Plus I had work and college and uhhhhh.

So sorry!

Anywho, thank you so much for reading, commenting, voting and some have even added this story to their reading lists which is so freaking cool!

I hope you enjoy this book, sorry this chapter is sloppy and rushed, I just enacted to get it up for you. Plus it's 12 am here and I'm tired 😂

Thanks again for reading, 

~ Kayleigh x