16

A/N: THANK YOU FOR 1K READS <333333 ALSO ISN'T ZOE PERF???

(all rights reserved)

                                                                                                  COLE

THE MORNING SUN HITS her skin, making her radiate.

I watch as she fumbles into the waking stages of sleep. Unfortunately, at some point through the night she untangled herself from me so now she lays on the opposite side of my bed. Her eyes flutter open and immediately lock with mine.

"Morning." She speaks, her voice full of sleep.

"Hi." I respond.

Her hand finds mine and she absentmindedly traces patterns in my open palm. She opens her mouth to speak hesitating only for a moment.

"I love waking up to you." Her sentence is rushed, as if she is almost embarrassed to say it.

I chuckle, "You what? I didn't catch that." I joke.

"Ugh," She groans and hides her face in her hands, "I said I love waking up to you."

Because her face is covered her words are mere mumbles to me, though I do know what she said. I just want to hear it clearly.

I move her hands from her face, I make sure our gazes lock.

"Zoe what are you so afraid to admit?" I smile.

Her own face breaks out into one as well but she says nothing.

I let her hands go and let my own trail down her face, neck, shoulders, and arms. I can feel every goosebump on her skin.

I then take her by surprise and start to tickle her.

"Cole! Stop!" She manages to exclaim between laughs.

"Not until you tell me what you said!"

She continues to laugh and squirm. I move so that I am now straddling her, giving her no chance of escaping. Our laughter fills the once quiet room.

"Okay, okay!" Zoe surrenders.

I stop tickling her, a few giggles escape her lips as she catches her breath. I take this moment to capture this image in my mind.

Zoe underneath me smiling widely making her eyes nearly nonexistent, her hair a little messy from just waking up. The little dusting of freckles across the bridge of her nose.

She is lovely.

"Cole," She starts, "I love waking up to you."

I bend down and press my lips to hers. My hand caresses her cheek and her own hand places itself on top.

I pull away, her eyes are still closed.

When she opens them I say, "Zoe, I love waking up to you."

She jokingly rolls her eyes but I can see the redness in her cheeks take root.

--------------------------------

My psychology 101 professor drones on and on about the untouched regions of our minds. I try to pay attention and jot down notes like the rest of the students beside me. I can't focus because everything in this lecture hall is of no interest to me.