The teacher told everyone but Fiona and I to leave, she investigated and didn’t find anything. “Luna, I’m sorry but I don’t see anything. And nothing can happen without proof.” Sorry green eyes locked on mine.

I pulled on my shirt as Barbie smirked. “What about this, this is proof enough.” I said and she shook her head starting to leave.

She stopped. “Get dressed, we’re outside today.” She left.

Fiona laughed. “Fiona: one, Trick: Zero.” Then she exited the locker room.

I rolled my eyes and got dressed, I was happy to see my underclothes weren’t really affected by the water and ice. I quickly put on my clothes which were of course basketball shorts and a school shirt and changed shoes ready for a run, to blow off some steam.

By the time I got into the gym everybody was gone, so I jogged to the football field, all the way around the school. I was panting when I got close to the track. I smiled brightly when I got to the track, I looked around and girls including Barbie and her posse were either painting their nails or on the phone. While the guys were playing football, basketball or soccer.

I caught a glimpse of Cole, he was playing football but I ended up shrugging it off and slipping in my earphones turning up the music. I started off jogging while humming to the music, I wasn’t even really focused. So when Cole popped up and snatched my Mp3 from me I was surprised.

He smiled. “What kind of music are you listening to Luna.” He put the earbuds in his ears and then yanked them right back out. “I think I just went death!” He yelled pulling on his ears.

I tried to get it back but he sidesteps me. I turned back around and chased after him as he ran with it in the air. After a few minutes it got annoying. “Would you just give it back already, I haven’t even started my run yet.”

He placed a finger on his chin then looked down at me with a thoughtful smirk. “You’re a runner?” He assumed and I nodded, “Well how about I race you for it?”

I thought about it and shrugged. “Fine, you’re on.... Two laps around?” I walked to the starting point of the track. He nodded and told one of the guys to watch us, I got in my starting position and he got down all the same.

They counted down as he looked at me with a smirk. “You’re going to miss your Mp3 when I kick your--”

“Go!” Somebody shouted and we took off, this dude was like a freakin' bullet... Okay so maybe I underestimated him, I laughing and shook my head. I started off slow so I could have something to push off of once I got on the second lap.

We both lapped around once and then I started to speed up, I pumped my arms and breathed through my nose as we both neared the end. Speeding up I started to pass him but as I did he caught up. Where does he get all this gas from, I mean the way he started off he should be slowing down by now. I pulled through continuing to pump my arms and take it in long strides, but just as we were both about to cross the finishing line something long and colorful caught my legs. As it tangled itself around my calves I tripped and rolled landing upward in a tangled mess. Everyone laughing and of course the first person to speak was Barbie. “Luna, looks like you need to watch where you're going.”

Propping myself up on my elbows I noticed Cole glaring at Barbie... Well at least we don’t like the same person. Getting down on his knees he helped me untangle the jump rope from my legs. Grabbing my arm he pulled me up and smiled. “You did good, had me thinking you would have won.” He looked all over my body. “You hurt anywhere?”

I scoffed. “Yeah but I didn’t because of Barbie over there.” I threw a thumb at her. “Nah, I’m good.”

He nodded. “Well, I’m still going to give you your Mp3 back.” He handed it over with earphones in tact.