Chapter Thirteen ☾

Start from the beginning

 I am surprised to hear that there are female guards here. In the Lunar Isle a select few women were chosen to be warriors. I should ask Blyn in the future how female guards are chosen. "That is right. I have heard that the midwife predicted that Barrie will have twins". Cyan nodded his head rapidly in excitement. "That is correct. Barrie and her mate are thrilled. They will truly be a guard family". 

Blyn chuckled softly "That is great news. Also, I assume that the card tournament was dangerous in its own way". Ezra nodded while he stretched his muscular arms out forward. "There was a lot of cheating, which caused a fight to break out after the third round". 

A grin appeared on Blyn's face "That sounds like an eventful evening. We must leave now to arrive at the temple". Erza and Cyan bowed their heads in unison in our direction. Then they allowed Callen, Asher and Azalea to pass through. As they walked towards us I can see a look of wonder in their eyes. 

I know that they are curious as to why I am standing so close to Blyn. They know that I would never let a man I do now know hold onto me. I should have asked Blyn if it would be safe to tell them that we are mates. I can create a mind-link with people who are close to me, such as Azalea. Perhaps I can mind-link with Blyn since we are mates. 

I moved my right hand so that I could touch his hand that is wrapped around my waist. Touching him may help create a mind-link since our mating is not complete. I closed my eyes and let out a soft sigh as I concentrated on my magic. I could feel a hint of magic that surrounded Blyn's mind and body. 

I should try to see if I can enter his mind now. "Blyn can you hear me?" I thought. I felt Blyn's fingertips twitch against my waist after he heard me. He did not answer, so we must not be able to communicate  completely through a mind-link. 

He can move his fingers, so I suppose we can communicate that way until our connection grows stronger. "I entered your mind because I walk to ask you a question without being heard. Move your fingers against my hand if you can hear me" I thought. Blyn gently tapped his index finger against my hand. 

"Would it be acceptable if I introduce you as my mate? They are uncertain why I am standing so close to you. Move your fingers once for no or twice for yes" I thought. I hope that Blyn agrees because I do not want to keep us being mates a secret. He moved his index finger upward, and then gently tapped my hand twice. 

I opened my eyes and gently squeezed his hand thanking him. A smile spread across my face since I am thrilled that we do not have to keep the fact that we are mates a secret. My party stopped walking once they stood in front of Blyn and I. "Are you feeling well Azalea?" I asked softly. A small smile spread across her slightly paled face. "Yes I am feeling well now".

Asher looked at me with concern in his brown eyes. "Did you pass through the Jade Crossing alright, Carita?" I can tell that Asher is ready to look over and heal me if necessary. "I am well Asher. Blyn was by my side, so the magic of the Crossing did not affect me".  He let out a soft sigh of relief. 

"Blyn, this is Callen, Azalea, and Asher, they have come with me from the Lunar Isle". Blyn nodded his head "It is a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for keeping Carita safe during your journey here". Callen nodded in response to Blyn's words. "It is an honor to meet you, your Majesty. We have simply done our job, since we have sworn ourselves to Carita". 

I intertwined my fingers with his large warm fingers "Azalea, Asher, and Callen this is my mate Blyn". Azalea squealed softly while clapping her hands in excitement. Asher simply stared at us with his large widened brown eyes. While, Callen's mouth was slightly open as if he wanted to say something, but words refused to come out.