XIII.So... I'm snogging your brother.

Start from the beginning

2nd of January and Bill had the most beautiful lips.

Like seriously. How could manly, average lips be so incredibly lush?

At least that was what went through her mind as they lay on Bill's bed, lips locked quite fiercely. Bill's large palms cupping her firmly against his lanky, yet perfectly firm body.

Her mind kept drifting in an out of how delicious he smelled, and over to how his hands kept nearing her rear end. He lay on top of her, but he had his hand conspicuously squished underneath her, supposedly holding her at the waist.

His homely smell - parchment, dust, baked goods and something musky. He smelled like safety.

"You guys are getting nasty." They instantly broke apart, Bill sitting up quite flustered and Claire followed suit.

"Can't you just knock!"

"Well excuse me, but this is also my room for the time being." Charlie slung himself down onto his be, grinned mischievously at the lovebirds. "You know, you guys can't keep hiding from him." Charlie looked at them like they were misbehaving kids.

Both Claire and bill had the decency to look slightly abashed.

"We're not avoiding him, per se..." Claire looked away, rubbing her arm absentmindedly.

"It's just that he gets so mad!" Bill threw out his arms, bumping Claire with them accidentally.

"You guys are just gonna end up hurting his feelings if you keep this up." And as if by cue they heard a light tapping at the door. Charlie got up from his bed and went to open the door.

As the door opened, a distinct tapered tail swayed pompously in the air. Attached to the long tail was a white, leopard printed Kneazle with glowing yellow eyes and a sour presence.

Máni jumped up into a three legged chair that sat adjacent to Charlie's bed. It was surely a miracle that the chair did not buckle underneath the weight of the angry cat.

The look the Kneazle sent was enough to make Claire nervous, Máni had never been this upset with her. Not that she could blame him, first she locked lips with Bill and then she avoided the upset cat for an entire day.

"So... " Claire started.

"I think it's important to remember that Kneazles are extremely territorial and that this is a lot for Máni to accept." Charlie stated, once again sitting down in his bed.

"And that I strictly did not ask him for permission to be with his Claire." With that Máni let out a low, disgruntled drawl.

"How much tuna will this take?" Claire shot a pleading look.

By the good graces of the gods, Máni really loved food.

Of course it didn't make everything immediately better, but at least the Kneazle was able to forgive his Claire enough to reside on her lap for the rest of the evening. Down in the living room at least - while Bill brought food and didn't make direct eye contact.

"Just wait until I tell Ron that you guys got caught snogging in this bed." Ginny giggled, quite triumphantly.

Claire woke up early that next morning, not really feeling a bit older.

Yet she was, an entire year older in fact.

She sat up, her blue and white pajamas getting stuck in the bedding. She looked around the room with tired eyes, noticing all too late that Ginny was missing from her bed.

And by too late she meant that the door burst open, followed by eight Weasley's that scared the living daylight out of her. She seemed to jump several inches into the air, only to land awkwardly.

"Happy birthday!" They screamed out, Molly carrying a large birthday cake and Ginny sprinting in first - pulling Claire out of bed. She was plenty happy that she wore blue pajama pants and a white t-shirt. Molly started singing p, so did the rest of them.

The twins kept up a slower, almost mournful beat while Percy just looked uncomfortable as hell.

Bill stepped forward, a large smile on his face before hugging his girlfriend tightly.

"Happy birthday, Esteban!"